News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

paranormal

Started by blindsimeonjtp, July 22, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 28, 2014, 06:16:12 AM
Ghosts are the souls of the dead: I believe they exist as I have nothing to disprove it.
Thing is, when a person dies, their soul doesn't lurk around - it goes to either heaven or hell.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

You can't state that as fact. You could put "Thing is, I believe when a person dies, their soul doesn't lurk around - it goes to either heaven or hell" you can't state religious beliefs as fact, we don't even know for certain that there is such thing as a soul though most belief systems have had them
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

I was speaking to Skarzs, who's a fellow Bible-believer.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 28, 2014, 08:17:08 PM
Ghosts are the souls of the dead: I believe they exist as I have nothing to disprove it.
Thing is, when a person dies, their soul doesn't lurk around - it goes to either heaven or hell.
Or Purgatory. Also, God can allow a spirit to walk the earth as a punishment or to as a plead for prayers.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Some people's souls are unlucky enough to accidentally get stuck here.

blindsimeonjtp

what did the ghost feel like ?

Cornflower MM

blindsimeonjtp

like someone else is in the room when your by yourself.

Cornflower MM

Well, I'm a bit more sensitive to g h oats than others, but sometimes my instincts would tell me to run, and sometimes, she was friendly. It depended on her mood.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 28, 2014, 09:18:26 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 28, 2014, 08:17:08 PM
Or Purgatory. Also, God can allow a spirit to walk the earth as a punishment or to as a plead for prayers.
I don't actually believe in Purgatory because I don't find anything about it in the Bible. And as to God allowing a soul to walk the earth, I don't see anything in the Bible to indicate that He does that either. Where did you find it?

Jetthebinturong

Does it have to say everything about what God does in the Bible? I like to think if he's all powerful and all knowing then he wouldn't stick to a set of rules

James Gryphon

Mod: The conversation here was getting a little more serious than is expected of a topic in The Cellars, so I moved it for y'all. Remember to stay calm in this discussion.

---

Jett@: I might contest your thought that God wouldn't stick to any rules, but that's beside the point. The idea isn't so much that God has done those and only those things which are specifically mentioned in the Bible, but rather that something outside of what Christians know from Scripture is unverified. Thus, it's very reasonable for Jukka to deny the existence of a place such as purgatory in the spiritual world if she finds no evidence of it in the Bible, in the same manner as how a zoologist might deny the existence of Bigfoot in the physical world.
« Subject to editing »

M.A.R.T.I.N(band)offical

our singer and myself(im the drummer) ghost hunt.