Hares

Started by belle, March 07, 2018, 01:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

I didn't think he was that bad but everyone's got their own opinion. :)

What did you think of King Bucko.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

He was pretty good

Sebias of Redwall

Basil Stag Hare was probably my favorite.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

same. i did like Dotti a bit though
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Tungro

Yeah, Basil is probably my favorite

Sebias of Redwall

My sister adores Basil. I'm pretty sure if she was a boy and she joined the Forum her name would be Basil Stag Hare. :D :D

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

Basila Stag Hare perhaps?
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

What was it that Basil's parents where going to name him if he was a girl? I think it was mentioned somewhere

The Skarzs

Anyone notice that Baliss is basically Basil with the s and l switched? It's like Jacques mispronounced it one time and thought "that sounds like a snake name".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Steelinghades

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 26, 2019, 01:01:16 PM
Anyone notice that Baliss is basically Basil with the s and l switched? It's like Jacques mispronounced it one time and thought "that sounds like a snake name".

That does sound like the kind of naming style Jacques would use yes.

Quote from: The Witessss on March 25, 2019, 07:48:19 PM
same. i did like Dotti a bit though

Dotti and Bucko were pretty much the only hares other then Tammi who I actually liked. And pretty much solely for their insult contest.

Sebias of Redwall

I thought King Bucko was kinda annoying at first, but then he got pretty cool.

Quote from: Steelinghades on March 27, 2019, 12:10:59 AM
That does sound like the kind of naming style Jacques would use yes.
That sounds about right.  ;D

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dante8002

Who doesn't like them! Hilarious, brave and terrific warriors.
Yalahoo!

Verdauga

Is that a question or a statement?  ;)

But in seriousness, the typical hares serve well as background characters, but as the main character, they'd need to be different enough from the type to be likeable.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)