News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Summer of the Samurai Roleplay Sign-Up/OOC Discussion

Started by Tungro, July 25, 2018, 11:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Accepted!
I plan on starting when we get a few more players. (Though if no one shows interest I might start anyway)
@The Grey Coincidence, are you still going to play?

Tungro

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 25, 2019, 06:39:31 PM
Name: Busher
Species: Squirrel
Weapons: Valuable curved dagger, wooden javelin
Personality: Prefers to be alone and brood, but if you can get close enough to him he can be funny and upbeat
Past: His family, who used to live deep in Mossflower woods, was killed by searats when he was young, leaving him to die. He survived, and when he grew he attacked and killed the searats who killed his family, taking a valuable curved dagger. He maintains ties with Redwall, though he lives alone in Mossflower.
Appearance: Unusual black fur with a red stripe running from his forehead to his extraordinarily bushy tail. He has deep blue eyes and often wears an iron chestplate stolen from searats on top of his green tunic. He wears a rope belt to hold his dagger and wears his javelin on his back. He wears leather boots and iron greaves overtop of black trousers.
Accepted!

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 25, 2019, 06:40:23 PM
By the way, when does the roleplay start?
I plan on starting when we get a few more players. (Though if no one shows interest I might start anyway)
@The Grey Coincidence, are you still going to play?

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 25, 2019, 06:40:23 PM
Who is your character, Tungro?
I have one in the works, but occasionally I might take control of NPCs to steer the RP in the right direction.

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Tungro

Quote from: Tungro on July 25, 2018, 11:32:12 PM
You create a character, make sure to include Name, Species, and some background story.
The setting is 50 peaceful seasons after the time setting of The Rogue Crew.

Book 1: Strangers
                                                             Prologue
A peaceful evening spring drizzle had found itself over the abbey of Redwall. Scarl, the aged and previous abbot of Redwall, now the gatekeeper, was making his standard rounds of the abbey wall when he saw a figure on the path outside of Redwall. He called down to his constant otter companion Oshaw Riverpaw, he was a younger otter, but a good thinker and was learning swordsmanship lessons from Abbot Wedaln. "Oshaw, get down to the gate and see what this stranger wants, will you!". Pleased at the chance to do something Oshaw ran to the gate armed with a stout stave and a short sword under his cloak. Wertan called down, "Be you friend or enemy?". As the stranger looked up he revealed himself more. Werten could not help starring at the curious creature, he was bigger than the average mouse, had feet like a hare, tall circular ears a long tail. But his robes was even more curious it looked like a light and sturdy material with strange patterns. He called up to the wall top, "I am Hashino the Scholar, and a friend to all. My clan has been destroyed by a band of ferrets. I am seeking a peaceful new home." Oshaw opened the gate a said,"Well come on in I will introduce to our abbot to assess you and if he is satisfied he will have you chores and room assigned if you are interested.". "Thank you very kind young otter, please take me to your abbot." And thus started something no Redwaller had ever dreamed of...

Character Construction (Example taken from one of @Rosie Willowwater characters)
Name: Laura Riverstone
Species: Otter
Weapons: A small dagger and a sling.
Personality: Usually kind and jovial but if you get on her bad side she will destroy you with all of her might.
Past: She has grown up with her sweet and loving mother by her side since her father died in a gruesome fight against a bloodthirsty rat. It tried to invaid her town when she was just a young girl, barely four seasons old in fact, but thanks to her father's bravery, and what others called stupidity, the rat ran away, but not before throwing her father onto a skyturned blade first, giving him a quick, but painful death. She has never let any rat live since, and is determined to get her revenge.
Appearance: She's what you would call a generic looking ottermaid, with blue eyes, and light brown fur. She also wears a cyan blue tunic and a long flowing skirt with a belt wrapped around to hold the dagger.
Other:

Quote from: Tungro on July 26, 2018, 05:35:15 PM
The idea is that the stranger that came is a jerboa from the far east (their culture is modeled after japan) who was sent by his clan to find a new settlement because there is a famine in their land. After staying at Redwall for several seasons he slowly gains influence (the abbot is growing old and senile and he takes care of him) and when a dibbun wandering the forrest gets eaten by an adder he tells the Redwallers that his clan has a way to deal with adders so he sends word to his clan to send a score of soldiers to take care of them. They bring gunpowder and kill the snakes in the quarry. The abbot dies and makes him abbot, he makes stricter rules and chores enforced by his score of soldiers. Oshaw incites unrest but before they can act the clan reaches Redwall and brings cannons and rifles (late 16th century style) and in a desperate attemed the Redwallers run away to Salamandastron to get help from the badger lord taking with them some plans for cannons that Scarl secretly sketched after the clans. The bager lord forges several cannons (also a bronze cannon named Sunflash) cannon and eventually there is a big battle.

The Grey Coincidence

Name: Kunick
Species: Mouse
Weapons: His knitting needles and er- anything within reach
Personality: Mischievous to the point of annoying, loud, 'witty' and over the top (some say he has hare blood in him- he has never denied the rumour) Always willing to pull a prank or make a joke- even if noone else has the patience for it, addicted to knitting
Past: Incorigible since his birth in Redwall Abbey, which incidentally is the only place he's ever been to (because nobeast with any sense of sanity would unleash him upon Mossflower), the only thing his many scoldings had taught him was to knit- which now came to him compulsively
Appearance: Small, thin, with whiskers about as long as a needle each and a pair of large (some would say too-large) buckteeth

Tungro

The Grey Coincidence

Jack the Quick

So when we start we will start as soon as Hashino arrives? Also, can I also be one of the clan soldiers (As sort of a minor character/villain)? If not, that's fine.

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Quote from: Jack the Quick on May 27, 2019, 10:28:28 PM
So when we start we will start as soon as Hashino arrives?
Yes

Can I also be one of the clan soldiers (As sort of a minor character/villain)?
Sure!

The Grey Coincidence

So when we start we will start as soon as Hashino arrives? Also, can I also be one of the clan soldiers (As sort of a minor character/villain)? If not, that's fine.
Can I as well?

Jack the Quick

Grey, I'm sure he'll let you. Tungro, what species are the samurai? Are they woodlander species or vermin?

Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

I think they're jerboas- but I suppose us can be other baddies...

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!