News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Inability to view the "Show Stats" and "Show Posts" pages

Started by Delthion, May 12, 2019, 12:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

If I click on my profile, or someone else's, and I press the "Show Posts" or "Show Stats" buttons, they will not open. No matter how much I allow my computer to think. Is this a bug or just a problem on my end?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

Interesting... It takes a little longer to load than most pages, but the pages do show up eventually for me. How fast is your computer?

Ouroboros

I get the same problem on pc, laptop, and mobile. I have a really fast computer, and my university's internet is probably among the fastest I've seen, so if more people also have this issue it's likely forumside.

Delthion

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on May 12, 2019, 12:58:46 AM
Interesting... It takes a little longer to load than most pages, but the pages do show up eventually for me. How fast is your computer?

Extremely, 512GB SSD...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

I can too. And my computer is usually tortoise-like...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on May 12, 2019, 12:58:46 AM
It takes a little longer to load than most pages, but the pages do show up eventually for me.
Same for me

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Kolman

*sigh*
ok @Delthion and everyone else on this,there are two computers involved when accessing a website: yours and the one actually hosting the website.  the computer that hosts the website is usually called the webserver. usually if you are having trouble accessing a page where it takes a long time to  load up there are two possibilities: 1. the web server is currently being taxed to its limit on processing power and  is taking a long time to put together the results. or 2. Your connection has been reduced, or dropped midway through  on getting the data for the webpage.
now based on how other people are not having the same issue, my first question for you is what web browser are you  using?
second. do you know how to perform a ping command to check your connection?
For those we cherish we die in glory.

Cornflower MM

I have the issue of it taking longer than any other forum pages to load. (Occasionally the server connection will time out and I'll have to refresh and then it'll work.)
I use Pale Moon. I do not know how to perform a ping command to check connection, as I'm a computer dummy to the extreme.

Captain Tammo

I think this might be a computer connection issue. I've never had a problem viewing people's stats. I ran a quick ping test and - for a server in the North-East United States, I got just shy of 50ms, and around 100 ms for a UK server.

@Cornflower MM a ping test is a program that tests the communication delay between the computer you're using and the server you're trying to talk to - which also has a physical location. The name 'ping' comes from the idea of just making sure if the other is there. Like a, well, ping! Since I live in the North-East US, my ping time was quicker for a server in that area versus what it was for a server located overseas in Europe. It's easy to do a ping test. You could just type it into google and there are many websites where you just press a button and it will run the test for you! Does that make any sense?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM