News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favourite Redwall Food

Started by martins#1fan, June 11, 2011, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Good old scones jam and cream! Seriously, they're delicious. Abbot's special abbey trifle is delicious, make it from the cookbook. My favourite drink is strawberry fizz, but October ale is nice as well. I have the Redwall cookbook. If you don't have it, get it. It's as simple as that.
Received mostly negative reviews.

SpringWitch

Meadowcream!!! And anything that even involves Meadowcream!!!

Osu

October Ale? You guys, you guys, what on earth does that TASTE like? 8O
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Martha Braebuck

I love the hares haversack crumble!! I've made it like...three times!! <3
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on June 21, 2011, 02:15:45 PM
October Ale? You guys, you guys, what on earth does that TASTE like? 8O
It's hard to explain. It's tastes bubbly, frothy, kind of like... I don't know... A bit like a fruitier version of ginger beer. It's really good.  :)

Osu

Like a cross between root beer and ginger ale? And where on earth does the "october" part come in?

Yeah, this clinches it. I am getting that cookbook if it's the last thing I do.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Of all Redwall beverages, October Ale is the one I've always wanted to make and try. And a cake. Serisouly, Redwall cakes are awesome.

Have to get the cookbook.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 22, 2011, 05:01:12 PM
Of all Redwall beverages, October Ale is the one I've always wanted to make and try. And a cake. Serisouly, Redwall cakes are awesome.

Have to get the cookbook.

No worries mate. I got the book for my birhday! Here's the recipe:

October Ale

Ingrediants:

• 2 cups ginger beer or ginger ale
  • 1 cup grape juice
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (omit if using ginger ale)

Method:

Combine all the ingredients together and serve chilled.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Is it bad that I read that and the first thing I thought was, "so the difference between ginger ale and ginger beer is a teaspoon of sugar?!" XD What's up with that, man.

I actually think I have all the ingredients for this. I MUST TRY IT. It'd be nice if there were an ebook for the cookbook... hmm. Thanks for the recipe, Tagg! :)

Captain Tammo

I got the cookbook a while ago. The honey baked apples are AMAZING then I had some October ale and strawberry fizz... it's INDESCIBABLE
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

Abbot's special abbey trifle is a favourite of mine, nunnymolers are awesome as well. I'm such a dibbun.  :)

Unknown

Squirrelmum's Blackberry and Apple Cake with whipped cream. Very good;best cake batter I've ever tasted. It has such a homey, simple taste.

Nightfire

#1: Candied Chestnut Trifle. #2: Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot Pie. #3 Honeyed Scones. #4: Grayling a la Redwall #5: Hotroot Soup
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Well, I haven't tried anything yet, but Hotroot soup and Grayling á la Redwall sound good.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

This otter would go for the hot stuff...along with that Strawberry Cordial or October Ale everyone seems to guzzle down.  ;D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra