Summer of the Samurai RP General Clan Info

Started by Tungro, May 30, 2019, 11:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

So I thought I would make this as a place for information on the general structure of the Redwall Japanese based clan, Otomo. (All OOC should still be put here)

Feudal System

1. The Shogun (Military ruler of all Japan. More powerful than the emperor soul because of military strength) {He and his clan will not appear in this RP}
2. The Emperor (Ruler only in name) {He and his clan will not appear in this RP}
3. Daimyo (Standard ruler/leader of a clan. They own large portions of land an rule over lower nobles called Samurai and peasants called Ashigaru. He reports to the Shogun and Emperor) {In this RP, the Daimyo is Otomo Yoshiaki}
4. General (A military leader of a group of soldiers under the Daimyo)
5. Samurai (A low class noble with military training. They may lead small platoons of soldiers or form elite fighting units.)
6. Ashigaru (Commoners that form the bulk of the army/population. They have brief military training and are universally equipped)
[close]

The Clan

A clan is a ruled by a family and named after them. The clan in this RP is the Otomo, named after their daimyo(leader) Otomo Yoshiaki. In this RP. The clan is leaving the Empire and striking out into Mossflower to make their own kingdom after their daimyo was banished for taking part in a plot to overthrow the Shogunate
[close]

Army Structure

Appox.
150 Yari(Spear) Ashigaru
100 Katan(sword) Ashigaru
200 Bow Ashigaru
75 Matchlock(Gun) Ashigaru
50 Yari Samurai
50 Katan Samurai
50 Bow Samurai
25 Matchlock Samurai
2 Cannons and Crew
[close]

Of course this isn't completely accurate, and more will probably be added soon.

Jack the Quick

Hmmm, two cannons. Might need more than that, especially considering how Grey's going to control one.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Not necessarily, you only really need one to two good shots to put a breach in the wall (remember they have to transport these through the woods). And if there are to many, it would make them to powerful

Jack the Quick

Good point, but I thought you mentioned that the badger lord made cannons for the good guys. How would they bring their cannons to redwall to retake it? I mean, I suppose they have a badger lord butif they had too many cannons wouldn't they be too powerful as well?

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

They will only have two or three and they will most likely take them to the path via the River Moss and then go to Redwall. The one cannon difference will help balance for the lack of matchlocks in the Long Patrol compared to the Otomo.

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!