News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders - Forum 10th Anniversary Special

Started by Matthias720, June 08, 2021, 11:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Wortshire

"TheCaptain is typing a reply"

"I find it very convenient that there happens to be a hacker group targeting our forum now."

"I'm pretty sure that somebody would have reported the suspicious behavior by now."

"So if there is a 'hacker group', I believe one of the mods is involved."

"I can probably vouch for Myself, Corn, Dan, and maybe Verd."

"The other three however, not so sure..."
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046

*Ally is typing*

"Didn't you notice me mention those reports multiple times?

And why would a mod be involved?

The hackers access was through the drop of security measure earlier."
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

lass of something much

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 18, 2021, 01:09:09 AM

"I find it very convenient that there happens to be a hacker group targeting our forum now."

"I'm pretty sure that somebody would have reported the suspicious behavior by now."

*Lass is typing*

"May I point out that I was the one who, in the hour of need (5:34 AM) went through and deleted the massed amounts of bots and disloyal members, despite it being Corn's job?? Plus I fixed the default theme when you accidentally turned it into a Pokémon poster! I too have fallen victim to the spambots! The kept spamming cricket balls in my DMs.. "
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

Quote from: lass of something much on June 18, 2021, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 18, 2021, 01:09:09 AM

*Lass is typing*

"May I point out that I was the one who, in the hour of need (5:34 AM) went through and deleted the massed amounts of bots and disloyal members, despite it being Corn's job?? Plus I fixed the default theme when you accidentally turned it into a Pokémon poster! I too have fallen victim to the spambots! The kept spamming cricket balls in my DMs.. "

"It was supposed to be a poster of the Redwall Tapestry."

"I clicked on the wrong file on accident."

"I was going to change it back, but that was when my mod abilities were nullified."

Quote from: Ally046 on June 18, 2021, 06:49:00 AM
*Ally is typing*

"Didn't you notice me mention those reports multiple times?

And why would a mod be involved?

The hackers access was through the drop of security measure earlier."

"Oh I don't know..."

"Maybe it's because I (and only I) was the only one to receive all the 'Stinky Matt Cabbages' in my PM's?"

"Just throwing the idea out there. Because I find this situation WAY too convenient..."
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

*Lass is typing*

"Yeah, it really is...Like how you disappeared when the spambots joined and started spamming, then you took out Scott,  who was the only one who could tell us all the dirt on you.. And now you're blaming Ally and I... And funnily enough, you were the only one who got that message, even though we all got the other ones....It's far too convenient, but not for us, for you! You set everything up to cover up your embarrassing cabbage allergy!"
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

"You know, you probably would have gotten away with it..."

"Except you mentioned one thing that gave your whole game away."

"Scott."

"You said I was responsible for his elimination."

"Except, I was in no way, shape, or form involved in his expulsion, nor even mentioned his name once."

"If I recall, you were the one who mentioned his drawings and Russa was the one who was given 'drugged' juice."

And everything he did happened while I was unable to contact him, (Stupid Typhoon).

It is also convenient that Scott was the one in charge of checking accounts, making sure they were bot's, spammers or whatnot.

When he got removed from his post, who asked our Glorious Overstrator for the position? Ally.

Also, what topic did Russa spam when she was 'drugged by Scott'? One of my RP's.

The thing is, I know Scott more than all of you put together.

If Scott were to drug a drink, he would have spiked a 'stronger drink' (cough, cough).

Also, Scott doesn't hold back when he drugs drinks. If the juice was drugged by Scott, Russa would have had a one-way-ticket to Heaven (or the other place).

Meaning, Russa was drugged before she drank the juice from Scott.
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

DanielofRedwall

Ok, I need to jump in on that accusation Lass has made. I did temporarily delete every channel but the cricket channel, but that's because so much damage had been caused by everyone mucking around with the settings that the cricket channel was the only one that actually worked properly for a few minutes. Probably because I'm the only one that ever posts there. Anyway, I momentarily deleted every other channel, for only about 10 minutes though while I fixed all the bugs in the other boards. Once those were fixed, I put the board back up. Of course, I hadn't realised that these hackers had messed with all the coding so that ordinary commands would result in 'Matt sucks' being displayed everywhere. I was absolutely mortified when I realised this, and did everything I could do undo the damage. That took a lot longer to fix, but we got there eventually.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

"ENOUGH!"

"You all are trying my patience! I cannot abide your squabbling any more! Verdauga, you have done nothing to defend yourself from any of the accusations leveled against you. Therefore, I will hold you responsible for everything that has happened in the past four days! I summarily remove all of your staff privileges, and I sentence you to only post in Redwall quotes for the next 6 months! And I will be assigning someone to check every single quote for accuracy, because getting even a single quote wrong will lengthen your punishment by another month per mistake."

With that, Verdauga was disconnected from the staff chat, never to be seen on the staff board again.

"Now back to business. Perhaps the lot of you are incapable of creating and carrying out such a basic task as brainstorming and cooperation. So it falls to me to create the circumstances of my own celebration! Everyone on the forum will use one of my previous profile pictures for the duration of this event. Those who are artistically inclined may create an profile picture portraying me instead, if they so choose. I expect to see a sea of me when I return in three days. Do NOT fail me!"

THREE DAYS LATER

"I have not words. If I could express myself at this moment, have no doubt that I would be listing each and every failure I have seen. But, since that would take WEEKS to verbalize, why don't each of you just tell me why I shouldn't punish all of you RIGHT NOW!"

OOC: Round 2 is over! Verd wasn't feeling it this round and offered to be the scapegoat. Thanks for playing, Verd! Here's hoping you do better next time.

Now as for round 3, I wanted to try something a little different. I've kept my response to the "mistakes" of the players intentionally vague, allowing all of you the opportunity to imagine how the enforced profile picture mandate went wrong. I will add a few notes that may help improve the quality of your responses.

One, being at a high enough level, admins can change the profile pictures of a user's account. Let's assume for the sake of this round, the Overstrator has given all of you this ability for the duration of the event.

Two, I have seen a lot of good blame shifting, creatively avoiding incoming responsibility. This is best accomplished by not assigning 100% of the blame you have received onto someone else, but instead dividing it between other players, giving everyone a bit of chaos to juggle and an opportunity to defend themselves.

And finally three, try and keep any blame within the circle of current players. Passing blame to outside forces lowers the amount of blame that is actively in play and lowers the amount of fun to be had. Yes, I know hackers are consistent with forums and the internet, but as a narrative tool they do take a bit of the challenge away from the game. But, that being said, I did enjoy it in round 2, and I liked what was done with the concept.

Alright, I think that's about it. ON TO ROUND 3! BEGIN!

Captain Wortshire

"Wow, I leave to check on the health of my grandparents, and this is what I return to."

"Fat Matts, Matt-chsticks, and of course, the SCM (Stinky-Cabbage-Matt)."

"Though I must say, the quality of some of the pics are pretty good."

"At least the spammers/hackers/bots were dealt with. (I hope)"

"BTW, which one of you changed my pic to Our Glorious Overstrator eating a turkey leg?"
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046

*Ally is typing*

"Alright, who did it!

Who started changing pfps to the 'Stinky cabbage Overstrator'!

This is disrespectful, childish, and disgusting!

Why be a staff member if you have no respect for the overstrator?!?!?!

Just speak up now, and your staff abilities and title will be stripped ...we can move forward, and you can too."

Captain Wortshire

"Wasn't me."

"I haven't even been active for the last three days."

"If I was active, this whole debacle probably wouldn't have happened..."

"Alright, who's messing with the RP threads again?"
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

"I made the announcement in the art board, and it was perfect and everything, I said how everyone was to draw the great overstator and use his wonderful face as their profile pictures, everything was going well, Corn started a 'Great Overstator's leaf collection Roleplay' but then Scott tried to join, but he could only post in emojis, which triggered spambots. And then, while I was dealing with that (Cause Wortshire wasn't doing his job) Dan came over to my art challenge announcement and edited to the following:

"Welcome to this years art challenge,
By order of the Sticky Cabbage Overstator, you are all to meme his face and draw it in the most unflattering way, with lots of kittens, and silly legs!
Have fun drawing, if you don't, you'll be banned. "

I tried to edit it back to the respectful and good post Ally and I had come up with on discord (Corn came up with the bit about editing drawings of the great overstator into the past profile pics) but by then it was too late."

OOC: HAH! I KNEW YOU AND SCOTT WERE BROTHERS! YOUR VAGUE RESPONSES COULDN'T FOOL MEEEE!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*Cough cough cough*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ally046

*Ally is typing*

Yeah, me and Lass had that post put together on discord, and all went well until...Dan.

I also get the distinct feeling that he's the one who's been replacing the suitable pfps with SCM."

Captain Wortshire

"I remember I specifically told Bookie take care of the RP thread while I was gone."

"Anyhow, I can't really have a say in what's been going on."
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046