News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Tagg vs. Deyna

Started by WildDoogyPlumm, April 21, 2012, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDoogyPlumm

First off, which name do you think fits him better: Tagg or Deyna?  Also, do you think Rukky Garge did the right thing by getting rid of his tattoos and birthmark?

I think Tagg fits him better, and that Rukky should have gotten his opinion before taking off the tattoos and birthmark.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tiria Wildlough

I think that if he had been asked, he would have chosen to have them removed. He really wasn't evil (which doesn't make sense).
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Maybe the tattoos, but I think he at least should have been allowed to keep the birthmark.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tiria Wildlough

Aye, but if he did, the vermin would have recognized him.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

It was just on his paw, he could have easily hidden it while addressing the vermin.

Lutra

I like my characters grey...makes them more interesting.  ;)

Had Mr. Jacques kept "Tagg" around for longer in the story, it would've given more time for Tagg to work out the internal conflict of how he lives with vermin, but yet, feels confused about what he should do.  That would've given the character and story some real depth, and emotion.  If I ever wrote a story about Tagg, I would really focus on this struggle because its not something that characters of Redwall ever have to dive into because they are either inherently good or evil by species.

As for the tattoos and birthmarks, I think if they had given Deyna any decency, he should've chosen what stayed and what went.  I'd imagine he would've had the tattoos removed, but the birthmark is like a connection to his father, and I'm surprised that it was removed.

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Lutra on April 22, 2012, 01:02:01 AM
I like my characters grey...makes them more interesting.  ;)

Had Mr. Jacques kept "Tagg" around for longer in the story, it would've given more time for Tagg to work out the internal conflict of how he lives with vermin, but yet, feels confused about what he should do.  That would've given the character and story some real depth, and emotion.  If I ever wrote a story about Tagg, I would really focus on this struggle because its not something that characters of Redwall ever have to dive into because they are either inherently good or evil by species.

As for the tattoos and birthmarks, I think if they had given Deyna any decency, he should've chosen what stayed and what went.  I'd imagine he would've had the tattoos removed, but the birthmark is like a connection to his father, and I'm surprised that it was removed.

good show old scout. I totally agree
mannerisms could have been rougher... he had ipecable speech, sould have been more like ruffgar brookback and is self created slang like "argufiying"
and how about a few issues ajusting from the wild life to the abby you know how some creature like Blaggert are loved by the abby creatures but have a few less then attractive qualities...

Redwallfan7

I don't mind either way
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

I would keep the name Tagg. To me it seems more manly like the warrior he really is. It was a good idea to take off the tattoos but he could've kept the birthmark.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tam and Martin

I (Martin) think the name Tagg fits him better too. Everytime I hear Deyna I always think of 'Dana' as in the name for a girl.
My brother (Tam) likes the name Deyna though and I'm fine with it, but I think Tagg sounds more like his character.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Taggerung The Otter

Definainatly thing Tagg because i diplays his feirce side
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Rainshadow

Tagg is cooler than Deyna.  Tagg makes me think of a young, fierce, mischievous otter.  Deyna makes me think of a normal Abbeybeast.  I like Tagg more!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D