News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

I'm surprised only one person so far has mentioned slings!  That's my favorite.
Inspired by the series, I made my own, out of braided yarn and a strip of denim from old jeans.  Since I had to guess the yarn's length before I braided it, though (because of the way I attached it to the denim), the cords ended up turning out much shorter than I expected - only about three feet long.  I could use it, but not very accurately; I could get it to go in the right direction, but not much better.  I think it could be improved by longer cords and coming up with a good way to twirl it.  I have it put away somewhere; I really should find it and take a picture of it.

Felldoh450

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVe throwing spears and javelins!!!
Go ye into all the world and  preach the Gospel.

BasilStagHare

I would have to say the Longbow. I like how sometimes, when the vermin are doing a siege, the vermin's arrows are so puny, and the Hares come with their big longbows.
Trying to stop me read the Redwall Series is like telling a Hare that he's on rations for a whole season.

Log-a-Log

Slagar's mace-like weapon is pretty cool
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 10, 2011, 03:48:40 PM
Yea it was! It has a special name to it. I don't remember though
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Scragg the Weasel

No sword of martin, fine then. I choose sword of luke. lol. In all seriosness i liked the dagger of swaney rath, when deyna is holding it on the cover of the american edition.
Where do I sign?

Shellhound

Tammo's dirk.  Small but deadly.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

Log-a-Log

The guosim rapiers are cool
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Rizzan

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 11, 2011, 06:02:37 AM
Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 10, 2011, 03:48:40 PM
Yea it was! It has a special name to it. I don't remember though
The weapon Slagar had was called a Bolas I liked that two.

Nightfire

Bow and arrows, definitely.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Gonff

Quote from: Shellhound on July 18, 2011, 05:49:52 AM
Tammo's dirk.  Small but deadly.

Yay, someone else who likes Tammo's dirk!
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Nightfire

Rakkety Tam's dirk would be my second choice of weapon. Small, deadly, and easy to conceal. Yayalahooo!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Actually a long time ago, I did get to do some archery in a gym class, and practice outside at a range.  I wasn't too bad at it.  They've proven deadly in Redwall, so that's my choice. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

sabretache5611

Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2011, 08:26:48 PM
Actually a long time ago, I did get to do some archery in a gym class, and practice outside at a range.  I wasn't too bad at it.  They've proven deadly in Redwall, so that's my choice. :)

The bows modern people use are actually pipsqueak compared to the bows used by people in the medieval age and the warbows in Redwall (warbows are the ones that Clary used against Greypatch in Mariel and the ones that Cregga used to kill the Marlfox).  Still a bow is a good weapon, but you need a LOT of training.  Do you know those warbows were so powerful, the bowmen actually grew a ##:1057 of muscle just to draw them to full length.  It took a little under 200 pounds of force to draw the bow to full draw.  And when fired, these arrows could pierce thick armor.  However, what was even more scary was that a professional bowmen could shoot 12 of these arrows, in a minute.   So yep, bow is a VERY SCARY weapon, but you need to do some major practice with it to use it effectively.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Lutra

^ I'm no expert in bow and arrow and haven't actually used one in years.  I wasn't trying to compare the medieval bow to the modern bow.  Cool facts all the same on their deadliness. :)  When reading the books, its pretty obvious how deadly the bow is...I don't believe many survive an arrow anywhere in their body.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra