News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

Asmodeus gave me nightmares when I was...eight. I see your point. I agree that THAT would be really neat. So long as they don't take the Watership Down approach. That was a really good story, but they went a little overboard with the blood and gore.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

DanielofRedwall

@Lutra, what about Village Roadshow? My brother says that they made the LotR trilogy really well and accurate to the book. That is, if they would want to make one...

But I agree with your Dreamworks and Disney view.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

Is there anyone making a movie, or is this all hypothetical?
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

DanielofRedwall

No, it's just hypothetical. although, there is a rumor...

Look at these links:
http://www.redwallmovie.com/
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LordTBT/News:A_new_Redwall_movie_project_in_the_works%3F

I personally doubt it's real, I mean, look at the past attempts to bring Redwall in to the movie cinemas..
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skalrag of Marshank

As far as I know, no, no one is planning on making a Redwall movie.
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There's possibly the Miller Brothers planning one. Note the word planning , that's literally it.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah, I'm not up to date on my plans and stuff. I know it exists when it comes out on DVD. ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Isn't Village Roadshow just a distributor?  (similar to how Amblin is Steven Speilberg's company that mainly distributes his films, but isn't a production company much anymore)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

I think so. I wouldn't trust Disney with it, either. They would probably screw it up, too.
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Personally, I would LOVE a Redwall movie. But you can bet that they will do 'Redwall' first, or what they  might do is take Mossflower or the Legend of Luke, and call it 'Redwall'  :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on July 31, 2011, 12:40:28 AM
I think so. I wouldn't trust Disney with it, either. They would probably screw it up, too.
I agree.  Pixar would be fine as long as they use a different animation.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Matthias720

Having Pixar do it would be cool. It would also bring a lot of attention to Redwall as a whole, as well as the forum. ^_^

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. Pixar I would trust to do something like Redwall.
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Pixar likes making their own stories.  I can't see them adapting a book.  You have a better shot with Disney Feature Animation taking the reigns within the Mouse House.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Lutra on August 01, 2011, 03:32:25 AM
Pixar likes making their own stories.  I can't see them adapting a book.  You have a better shot with Disney Feature Animation taking the reigns within the Mouse House.
That's true
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart