News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

That looks cool, but I don't think it will ever make it off the ground.  I know they have a lot of concept art and voices, but I don't think the fans are organized enough to put everything together.  Still it was fun to click through.

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Osu on June 19, 2011, 12:39:32 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 18, 2011, 10:32:32 AM
I think if they did a Redwall series the animation should be similar to the Legend of the Guardians movie.

I agree with this 100%! I really liked that movie. The books are even better, everybody should give them a try sometime!

Have you guys heard about the fanmade movie in progress? I guess they're actually planning to pitch it to distributors!

*screams* they're making another movie?!?!?!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Ahaha, yeah, interesting stuff, right? I've been watching them a while, they look organized enough. They've set a deadline for the pre-production as six years, though.

I think it might actually happen, but it's going to take a good long while.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Storm

I love the idea of making a movie out of a redwall book but the reality is cruel. For all we know, the makers of the film might make Mariel and Dandin in love! Rose would live! Veil would live and be friends with his father! I shudder at the thought of such butchering of my favorite books.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Osu

Oh, I dunno, you guys, there's a lot that goes into making a movie, especially one adapted from a book. No book-to-movie film is going to follow the original series perfectly.

That said, I think Salamandastron, Outcast of Redwall, and the Rogue Crew would all make excellent movies!

Songbreeze

It would be very exciting if the Redwall series were made into full length movies!
~Song
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present!"

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I'd say Salamandastron, but then they might (as many others have stated before me) mess it up. It would be disrespectful to Feragho, Klitch, and the other Weasels in the book.

YOU MUST NOT DISRESPECT THE WEASELS OR THEY WILL HAVE THEIR REVENGE ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that said, I have to say that the best movie theatre is your imagination, with the movie you're watching being what you're reading.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 24, 2011, 08:08:44 PM
I'd say Salamandastron, but then they might (as many others have stated before me) mess it up. It would be disrespectful to Feragho, Klitch, and the other Weasels in the book.

YOU MUST NOT DISRESPECT THE WEASELS OR THEY WILL HAVE THEIR REVENGE ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that said, I have to say that the best movie theatre is your imagination, with the movie you're watching being what you're reading.
I like that quote!
Received mostly negative reviews.

martins#1fan

I think they should make it as real as possible, maybe like Narnia. 8)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Unknown

I won't like there to be a Redwall movie, personally. Brian Jacques himself said he didn't like video games and movies because kids should be reading instead. Would not a movie be going against what he wanted?

Redwall Musician

First of all, some people can't read. I personally know someone who has trouble with reading. Watching the TV series was the only way he could learn about Redwall. I think that everyone should learn about Redwall. For Redwall is work of art.

Musician
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Quote from: Unknown on June 29, 2011, 06:11:13 PM
I won't like there to be a Redwall movie, personally. Brian Jacques himself said he didn't like video games and movies because kids should be reading instead. Would not a movie be going against what he wanted?
Ah, yes, there is this. I recall reading about how BJ turned down a certain extremely popular movie producer for one of his books because he didn't want a movie made out of it.

He didn't seem to have a problem with a TV series, though.

Gonff

If they did it would never be the same as the pictures in my head when I read the books. Sometimes I read a book and when it mentions the color of someone's hair or something I realize that I have been imaginationing the person different then it describes he/she. I continue reading and usually I don't change the picture in my head to match the description.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Matthias720

Quote from: Osu on June 29, 2011, 06:39:50 PM
Quote from: Unknown on June 29, 2011, 06:11:13 PM
Ah, yes, there is this. I recall reading about how BJ turned down a certain extremely popular movie producer for one of his books because he didn't want a movie made out of it.

He didn't seem to have a problem with a TV series, though.
I remember hearing about this too. I'm of the opinion that BJ wasn't against having a movie made of any of his books, but rather of having a franchise mutilate the stories he had carefully crafted.

Unknown

That does make sense.