News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

A Redwall movie sounds exciting, but it would be like The Last Airbender. The movie would be great, for people who don't know Redwall. Big Redwall fans would hate it 'cos they'd get too much wrong.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

Unfortunately, you're probably right. :'(
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Book fans are often more than not, disappointed with the movie adaptations of their favorite books, no matter what is done with them.  Some adaptations are better than others.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Log-a-Log

The best movie adaptation of a book I ever saw was Lord of the Rings
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

I am DYING to see Lord of the Rings...I'm not 13 yet, though... :'(
  ~ Larry Boy

Skalrag of Marshank

I just watched Legend of the Guardians. That movie was awesome!! If they were to do something like that with Redwall, THAT would be sweet.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Please try not to double post, just edit your original post.

And discussing one's age is completely off topic to this thread, it is about movie adaptions of Redwall, so please stick to that.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Skalrag of Marshank

I'm 12.

But, on topic, sorry about double-posting, Taggerung, just tryin' to get things goin'. I shoul've just edited my last post. Sorry! So, who here has seen LotG?
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

ME!!! I LOOOOOVE GYLFIE!!! SHE'S AWESOME!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

I think I said it some pages back, I liked how Animal Logic designed the LOTG universe, but they sloppily adapted it from the books.  I think if something similar happened to Redwall from the company we'd be up in arms over the changes.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

Whenever a book is adapted to film the original fans cry about it. In the end, seeing a movie - or even just another season of the TV series - would do the series more good than harm, I think.

Of course, it must have a lot of hare parts. Yes. No Redwall movie would be complete without a lot of hares. *nod*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 08, 2011, 12:51:23 AM
I'm 12.

But, on topic, sorry about double-posting, Taggerung, just tryin' to get things goin'. I shoul've just edited my last post. Sorry! So, who here has seen LotG?
I've seen it, and it was okay, but it was too off the books storyline for me to fully enjoy it. I agree, though, that a Redwall movie should have the same kind of CGI effects and animation.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

In the TV show, they made the animals look like people, but I think they should be more animal-y.
I might be horribly disappointed by a Redwall movie, but I'd still watch it.  :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Excuse me sah!

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 08, 2011, 09:51:45 AM
In the TV show, they made the animals look like people, but I think they should be more animal-y.
I might be horribly disappointed by a Redwall movie, but I'd still watch it.  :D

Talking animals are generally shown as anthropomorphic in popular culture, so its audience can identify in an easier fashion towards them.