News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Quote from: Excuse me sah! on August 08, 2011, 11:56:31 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 08, 2011, 09:51:45 AM
In the TV show, they made the animals look like people, but I think they should be more animal-y.
I might be horribly disappointed by a Redwall movie, but I'd still watch it.  :D

Talking animals are generally shown as anthropomorphic in popular culture, so its audience can identify in an easier fashion towards them.
Quite true. If the animals were not anthropomorphic, the audience might not relate as well to the characters.

The Lady Shael

March of the Penguins is a good example of the contrary though. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Nightfire

Quote from: Osu on August 08, 2011, 07:57:51 AM
Whenever a book is adapted to film the original fans cry about it. In the end, seeing a movie - or even just another season of the TV series - would do the series more good than harm, I think.

Of course, it must have a lot of hare parts. Yes. No Redwall movie would be complete without a lot of hares. *nod*

WHAT?!?! I think if they make a movie out of Redwall, it should be from the book Mossflower. And if they do, then you will get to see the hares at Salamandastron with Boar the Fighter. But they had better not put too many in, otherwise it will seem like a circus. We do not need 'more' hares! Besides, if they did make a movie, we wouldn't have any say in it, so it doesn't really matter.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid and How to Train your Dragon are both better than the books, personally. ;)
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

DanielofRedwall

How to train your dragon was based on a book?! Man, have I missed something!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

Yeah, I didn't know that either
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Coobreedan

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 06, 2011, 06:04:29 PM
I am DYING to see Lord of the Rings...I'm not 13 yet, though... :'(
I watched them when I was ten!

A Redwall movie would be rated PG so we'd all be able to watch it.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Osu

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 09, 2011, 06:30:23 PM
Yeah. I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid and How to Train your Dragon are both better than the books, personally. ;)
How to Train Your Dragon was a book?! Holy cow, I gotta find this! :o

Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I was actually well aware of the book before the movie process began, which I guess makes me different than most.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

It looks like somebody is making an official movie or TV show for Mossfower. Check it out!

And I quote:
Quote...the Redwall Abbey Company is in contractual talks with another interested party and although this deal is not finalised we are close to reaching an agreement.

Woo! It may not be fanmade, but an addition is an addition! :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Skalrag of Marshank

Ooh, that sounds interesting! Hope they do make a movie!
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Be interesting to see what happens, maybe.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

DanielofRedwall

I've informed LordTBT from Redwall wiki. Wonder what he makes of this... I'll keep watching this space...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720