News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 30, 2011, 02:28:57 AM
I remember hearing about this too. I'm of the opinion that BJ wasn't against having a movie made of any of his books, but rather of having a franchise mutilate the stories he had carefully crafted.
Weeellll when you put it that way, I sure as heck don't blame him. But if that's the case it begs the age old question of Redwall fans around the world: why hasn't there been a movie yet? This series has been around for almost 30 years.
C'mon, Hollywood, I thought you were better than that.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

I think that if they left out the killing part, or at least filmed it from far away, it would be M15+ or something. I would watch a Redwall movie if it was that, just not before bed! ;) I think if they left in the gory parts, they may as well not do anything, because it would be, like, MA15+ or R, or something. After all, it WAS meant for kids.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

True. If a movie or another TV series were made, there would have to be a certain amount of censure for the sake of the kiddies. I don't like gory movies, myself, so I wouldn't mind such an edit.

Maka Albarn

I think a movie would be great! It would probably be a hit, sort of like Spirited Away was :3
I do agree they would need to do something about violence though, seeing as it would be for younger kids.

I am the k i t s u n e of the fire's light. Akai Tanuki Rantan~<3
Fave animals: Island Gray foxes, tanukis, otters, owls
SOUL RESONANCE!

DanielofRedwall

Legend of the Guardians was pretty violent. The books were violent. It was still rated PG in Australia (not sure about other countries). Surely if Redwall was as violent as LOTG it would still include most of the war scenes and still be rated PG. Although there are some pretty violent parts. Maybe they could just do that thing where they turn the screen black and you only hear the sound at some of those intense parts.
Received mostly negative reviews.

martins#1fan

Legend of the Guardians was NOT violent.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 02, 2011, 04:28:06 AM
Legend of the Guardians was pretty violent. The books were violent. It was still rated PG in Australia (not sure about other countries). Surely if Redwall was as violent as LOTG it would still include most of the war scenes and still be rated PG. Although there are some pretty violent parts. Maybe they could just do that thing where they turn the screen black and you only here the sound at some of those intense parts.
I think if you just turned the screen black it would just ruin the point of the battle. I think mr. Jacques does have a point though with the kids reading and playing instead of watching movies and video games. I think he agreed to the TV show because since they're only 30 minute episodes with commercials, kids won't spend a lot of time indoors staring at the TV and they can go out and play or read and do something healthy
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Legend of the Guardians was pretty violent. The books were violent. It was still rated PG in Australia (not sure about other countries). Surely if Redwall was as violent as LOTG it would still include most of the war scenes and still be rated PG. Although there are some pretty violent parts. Maybe they could just do that thing where they turn the screen black and you only here the sound at some of those intense parts.
The LOTG books were incredibly violent, in my opinion - I was really surprised to find issues like cannibalism addressed as well. I think the movie was more "action packed" than violent, though. And I agree that a similar approach to battle scenes in Redwall would be a great idea - you get all of the action without gratuitous blood flying through the air. I also know what you mean with the "blacked out" bits. :D That might work... personally, I like it when battle scenes or episodes of tragedy are shown with soft instrumental music in the background and little to no dialogue. Brings out the idea behind the whole thing, rather than focusing on the killing...

Tiria Wildlough

What's LOTG??? ???
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

LOTG is Legend of the Guardians.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

But the books that the movie is based on is called Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Wot Wot!

Quote from: Osu on July 03, 2011, 03:29:03 AM
The LOTG books were incredibly violent, in my opinion - I was really surprised to find issues like cannibalism addressed as well. I think the movie was more "action packed" than violent, though. And I agree that a similar approach to battle scenes in Redwall would be a great idea - you get all of the action without gratuitous blood flying through the air. I also know what you mean with the "blacked out" bits. :D That might work... personally, I like it when battle scenes or episodes of tragedy are shown with soft instrumental music in the background and little to no dialogue. Brings out the idea behind the whole thing, rather than focusing on the killing...

...Just reminded me of that great scene in the Return of the King movie when Pippin is singing to Denethor as Faramir rides out for a failed attempt to regain Osgiliath.

Yeah, I'm a LOTR dork too  :D
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Osu

Is it bad that I was thinking LOTR as I typed LOTG? ;D NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A LORD OF THE RING FAN. XD

Sorry for the confusion, thread, as others have said, Legend of the Guardians, based on the Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Unknown

If there is a movie, it better to rated PG-13 because of the battles and blood. I'm saying I want to see guts flying through the air, but  I was disappointed with the Legends of the Guardians movie because there wasn't one drop of crimson.

Don't think of me a was blood-thirsty person. But how can a battle be intense if it isn't a little realistic?