News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I don't think there should be a movie, but I do think they should have more of the T.V series. But of course, only if they had the same directors, animators, and the rest of the lot that they had for the three seasons.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Osu

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 14, 2011, 01:55:42 AM
I don't think there should be a movie, but I do think they should have more of the T.V series. But of course, only if they had the same directors, animators, and the rest of the lot that they had for the three seasons.

Yes, a continuation of the TV series, please!

...and I love your sig. It made me LOL. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM
Are you scared of someone making a movie out of Redwall? 
I think it would be really cool but I'm scared that they would completely ruin it.
What are you thoughts?

Let peter Jackson do it, he will do great.
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Wot Wot!

The original cartoon was kind of atrocious, animation-wise.  I think the books deserve a better trreatment, and with the CGI possible now, it could turn out really good.  I never viewed Redwall as a "cartoon"- the animation should be as realistic as possible.  If Weta Digital did some of the battle scenes- wow!  That would be great...
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 14, 2011, 03:08:12 PM
The original cartoon was kind of atrocious, animation-wise.  I think the books deserve a better trreatment, and with the CGI possible now, it could turn out really good.  I never viewed Redwall as a "cartoon"- the animation should be as realistic as possible.  If Weta Digital did some of the battle scenes- wow!  That would be great...

Indeed, just imagine what the battle for Kotir would look like!
Too bad that they didn't air the cartoon series in the Netherlands. I watched the first season, and I like it:) THe intro theme is just awesome!
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Mariel

If they left all the violence in, it would most likely be rated R.  But while I like imagining the gory parts in my head while I read Redwall, I think displaying them would detract from the real message of the series; after all, it is intended for children.

Firehawke

I'm torn about it.  While I would love to see the books come to life, I always hate it when books are turned into movies.  They always seem to cut things out and add things that weren't already in the book.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Superdreuzel

Quote from: Firehawke on June 14, 2011, 06:50:37 PM
I'm torn about it.  While I would love to see the books come to life, I always hate it when books are turned into movies.  They always seem to cut things out and add things that weren't already in the book.

They should rather make it a mini series in stead of just one movie, to make sure the most things from the book are in.
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Firehawke

That would be a good idea!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The orginal TV series was pretty fair. Graphics weren't good, but I couldn't care less about those. It's kinda like Minecraft, the graphics aren't high, but that has no effect whatsoever on the thing itself. My opinion, of course.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Spring Breeze

Quote from: Superdreuzel on June 14, 2011, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM
Are you scared of someone making a movie out of Redwall? 
I think it would be really cool but I'm scared that they would completely ruin it.
What are you thoughts?

Let peter Jackson do it, he will do great.
Yes!! Out of all the fantasy directors out there I would trust Peter Jackson the most!
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Niegel01

I think that if they made a movie don't you think that maybe some people will ridicule it, I really dislike it when people ridicule the Redwall series and I'm afraid that maybe people will try to start to bully redial readers. If anyone else agrees then please respond.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

What's redial supposed to be?  And what do you mean by ridicule? If people think a movie is bad and thye don't like it, that's their opinion, equal to yours or mine or anyone else's. And if you don't like the series either, same thing applies.
On the exact subject of ridicule though, I'd say ridiculiang most anything is normally a probably bad thing, haven't really thought about it.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

The Lady Shael

I think a movie would at least bring more attention to the Redwall series. Most people have never even heard of the original series until the movie came out: Twilight, Percy Jackson, Avatar: The Last Airbender. There were terrible reviews about all of those movies (and I thought they were terrible movies too), but I saw the movie before reading/watching the original series, and it made me love and appreciate something I never would have picked up if the movie was never produced.

There will ALWAYS be people who hate certain movies, it's impossible to please everyone. I think a Redwall movie can only do good for the series.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Astrognash

I'd like to say I agree here. A movie can only do Redwall good. However, I would like to see said movie done well. For example, Peter Jackson is a yes. M. Night Shyamalan is a big fat no.
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
"How great in number are the little minded men." - Titus Maccius Plautus
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hi. I like Marching Band, Redwall, and Latin.