News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Have any of you seen a movie called Legend of the Guardians? It was kind of a low profile movie. I like it okay, good acting, fighting, nice story line. It was based off a book about owls. I don't know how close it is to the book, but it was awesome. Also it was animated. Though it had fighting and a little killing, it was in the children movie section. I think a Redwall movie would be sweet! I know we all like to read, but to some people reading is hard or books are too long. They say "I'll just wait for the movie." And if you notice the tv series has some extra parts too.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

martins#1fan

I do! I think Martin the warrior, the legend of Luke and Mossflower would all make good movies!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

martins#1fan

I think they should take a book out of the series and make a movie, instead of starting from scratch.
Martin the warrior
The Legend of Luke
Mossflower
The Rouge Crew
The Taggerung
The Sable Queen
Salamandastron
Redwall
The Outcast of Redwall
Triss
And finally Rakkety Tam.
I Believe these would make the best movies.
            Just a thought.

Mariel

My favorite book is The Once and Future King, and Disney already kind of made a movie out of that...except that it was only for the first part..and they got so much wrong that the plot was even more confusing...and it was animated...and it was cheesy...and the Wart's voice was really annoying.  I really want them to do the movie over again with live-action and CG animals.  I would also like them to make it in the original four part section, with the first part suitable for young children and the other three parts at a PG-13 or R rating.  (The idea is that you put the kids to bed after The Sword in the Stone.)  I really doubt that anyone would have the patience to watch all of this, let alone film it, except for me.  Whatever, I love imagining it in my head.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 03:29:16 PM
Have any of you seen a movie called Legend of the Guardians? It was kind of a low profile movie. I like it okay, good acting, fighting, nice story line. It was based off a book about owls. I don't know how close it is to the book, but it was awesome. Also it was animated. Though it had fighting and a little killing, it was in the children movie section. I think a Redwall movie would be sweet! I know we all like to read, but to some people reading is hard or books are too long. They say "I'll just wait for the movie." And if you notice the tv series has some extra parts too.
I've seen it, not a huge hit but a nice movie!

Trigoma

i think a movie would be awsome! as long as they keep garbage outta it! id by it all fast too lolz
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 03:29:16 PM
I've saw the movie. I saw the trailer for it and I thought it looked awesome. I decided to read the first three books of the series (the books the movie is based on) before I watched the movie so I didn't form my opinion on the movie. I ended up reading the first 6 before seeing the movie. When I did see it, I was a little disappointed. It was an epic movie, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO different to the books in SOOOOOOOO many ways. *Possible spoiler coming up, please do not read if you have not read up to book 3 in the Guardians of Ga'hoole series and were planning to*. For starters, in the books, Metal Beak was meant to be Kludd, not his own charecter! There are so many other differences, if you want to know them all read the books, they are pretty good.

Received mostly negative reviews.

DanielofRedwall

I think if they did a Redwall series the animation should be similar to the Legend of the Guardians movie.

Martha Braebuck

I'm not exactly scared, it would be sweet if it was made into a good movie, but yeah, just about messing the story up is what makes me kind of not want a movie. (they've done that to sooo many good books sadly!)
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 18, 2011, 10:32:32 AM
I think if they did a Redwall series the animation should be similar to the Legend of the Guardians movie.

I agree with this 100%! I really liked that movie. The books are even better, everybody should give them a try sometime!

Have you guys heard about the fanmade movie in progress? I guess they're actually planning to pitch it to distributors!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

The Lady Shael

Oh...my....gosh....no, I hadn't heard about that. This would be so amazing...they're just as good as the professionals! I am extremely impressed.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Osu on June 19, 2011, 12:39:32 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 18, 2011, 10:32:32 AM

I agree with this 100%! I really liked that movie. The books are even better, everybody should give them a try sometime!

Have you guys heard about the fanmade movie in progress? I guess they're actually planning to pitch it to distributors!

Ach, I've heard about it. Someone should stop them before it's too late!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

That's a very interesting developement, though I doubt its success will ever happen. Like, very doubtful

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

DanielofRedwall

[/quote]
Yeah, I've heard of that, I considered joining but I don't have time, I suck at drawing and I don't have a good quality microphone, so yeah.

Silas

I saw the TV show and it was awesome. I think they could definitely make a Redwall movie but it needs to have the same "classical" feeling as the TV show.