What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

A really good studio that also would have been good (I love what PBS has done though) would have been the studio that did the secret of nim and all dogs go to heaven.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wolfstar

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on April 05, 2012, 04:51:00 AM
A really good studio that also would have been good (I love what PBS has done though) would have been the studio that did the secret of nim and all dogs go to heaven.
If I remember, MGM did those two movies.  And I know this bc I own both of them and seen many of there other movies like some of the older James Bond, The Pebble and the Penguin and many others.
Happy and kind.

Bragoon

MGM would be interesting.  Lucasarts too, but I think they would be more inclined to change things in a ridiculous manner.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Luke the warrior, I AM your fater!
Nooooooo! ;D

I am going to kill you with my light (weight) Sabre! :D

Punch it!
*smack!*
Not me!
*Thwok!*
Groooaaaaannnn.

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Dude, I watched the show on You tube and was it oh so awesome. Everything is so different than I imagined (i mean the characters).

Dannflower Reguba

The Moles was what really confused me. I thought they would be talking in  a completly different way!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on April 05, 2012, 04:51:00 AM

I don't know if Don Bluth is still working...he might be retired for all I know.  He was the one who did Secret of NIMH  (I think Fox holds the rights to dvd distribution now).  He would do Redwall right because he's a big fan of the old style classic Disney animation, back when they were not scared to do some stuff. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Wolfstar

I don't know if Don Bluth is still working...he might be retired for all I know.  He was the one who did Secret of NIMH  (I think Fox holds the rights to dvd distribution now).  He would do Redwall right because he's a big fan of the old style classic Disney animation, back when they were not scared to do some stuff. ;)
[/quote]
Yea I have heard of him, I even have some of his movies and also can you imagine Disney making a Redwall movie?
Happy and kind.

Redwallfan7

Disney animation has done great with such classics as The Jungle Book or The Lion King, for example, so it would probably do great.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wolfstar

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on April 05, 2012, 10:09:21 PM
Disney animation has done great with such classics as The Jungle Book or The Lion King, for example, so it would probably do great.
I would most likely agree, bc The Lion King is actually one of my favorite movies (and still is now) by Disney.  And I could almost imagine an Redwall Movie in one of those styles.
Happy and kind.

Bragoon

I tried to imagine a Redwall movie by Disney, Wolfstar, and I got an image of the TV show.  :P  It probably wouldn't be too far. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Romsca

Quote from: Gerbilkit on July 08, 2011, 02:37:02 PM
While I love the project out at deviant art ( and have spoken to them and considered getting involved as a web developer), ultimately I think they will find that there is simply too much work and keeping volunteers motivated and working hard over the duration of such a long term project will prove to be too much.

There's a project on deviantart to make a redwall movie?

Osu

There was, yes, some time ago, but since the rights to the book they wanted were not available, the project was dropped.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.