News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I would watch any Redwall movie, but I hope they don't make a "movie" picture book. >:( >:( >:( >:(
That would make me so MAD!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

A movie picture book?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

It's one of those things where they could either do really good or really bad on the movie
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Shellhound

I really hope that if they make a movie they'll make it as epic as the book, and not water down the action for kids like in the TV series.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Shellhound on July 18, 2011, 04:19:50 PM
I really hope that if they make a movie they'll make it as epic as the book, and not water down the action for kids like in the TV series.
Yea they did that a lot in the series didn't they.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

sabretache5611

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 18, 2011, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: Shellhound on July 18, 2011, 04:19:50 PM
Yea they did that a lot in the series didn't they.
true
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Osu

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 18, 2011, 04:55:23 AM
It's one of those things where they could either do really good or really bad on the movie
Forgive me, I'm still lost. :( Is it like those old Golden Books cartoons, where the screen is just panning across a single picture while somebody reads a book?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lutra

I agree with the ones who feel that Animal Logic would be the ideal company to design Redwall.  Their recent work with LOTG was amazingly realistic for animation.  What I think they need to be careful is NOT do what happened to LOTG--one too many changes from the books because the Redwall fans won't put up with that!  ;)  A ton of blood goes too far, no matter how partial I am to Watership Down as well...that does turn people away, so keep the blood at a minimum, but don't cut back on violence and I'd say they have a happy medium that will please most film goers.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

sabretache5611

Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2011, 12:19:52 AM
I agree with the ones who feel that Animal Logic would be the ideal company to design Redwall.  Their recent work with LOTG was amazingly realistic for animation.  What I think they need to be careful is NOT do what happened to LOTG--one too many changes from the books because the Redwall fans won't put up with that!  ;)  A ton of blood goes too far, no matter how partial I am to Watership Down as well...that does turn people away, so keep the blood at a minimum, but don't cut back on violence and I'd say they have a happy medium that will please most film goers.
totally agree!
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Tiria Wildlough

I want Rakkety Tam to be a movie.  8) 8) 8) 8)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

IMO the best novel to invite new Redwall fans would be Mossflower, Redwall or Martin the Warrior, I also think these would make the best movies.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Okamikee

I think a Redwall movie would be great if it was done in the spirit of the old TV show.
"When a man is faced with his own death, he finds the impossible less of a barrier."

martins#1fan

Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 13, 2011, 10:10:57 PM
I agree Martins#1fan!!  I think it would be cool if they did it they way they did "Christmas Carole" With Jim Carrey where they film it live action and then animate it!  So that way it would be really life like.
Now if they got someone from his family to help, maybe even write the script it might come out ok.
If they make a movie and keep in all the gory parts (yes we all know there are gory parts) what do you think it would be rated?
That would probably be the best way to go, it would look AWESOME!!
Or they could computer-ize it, like Narnia..... But animating it would look SOOOOOO much better.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

sabretache5611

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 21, 2011, 02:56:49 PM
Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 13, 2011, 10:10:57 PM
I agree Martins#1fan!!  I think it would be cool if they did it they way they did "Christmas Carole" With Jim Carrey where they film it live action and then animate it!  So that way it would be really life like.
Now if they got someone from his family to help, maybe even write the script it might come out ok.
If they make a movie and keep in all the gory parts (yes we all know there are gory parts) what do you think it would be rated?
That would probably be the best way to go, it would look AWESOME!!
Or they could computer-ize it, like Narnia..... But animating it would look SOOOOOO much better.
if ur talking about it being animated like the TV series, i'd go no.  the tv series was good, but too....endearing...i liked narnia and i think guardians at least looked good, so i'm for full out cgi animation

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 24, 2011, 08:08:44 PM
I'd say Salamandastron, but then they might (as many others have stated before me) mess it up. It would be disrespectful to Feragho, Klitch, and the other Weasels in the book.

YOU MUST NOT DISRESPECT THE WEASELS OR THEY WILL HAVE THEIR REVENGE ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that said, I have to say that the best movie theatre is your imagination, with the movie you're watching being what you're reading.
Brilliant. xD

And yes, very nice point.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away