[DISCUSSION] Debate: ice cream in Redwall

Started by Redwallfan7, June 08, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I always wondered what would happen if they made ice cream at the abbey. It sounds like a good idea.

Thoughts?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

Flandor

I feel like the Dibbuns would be thrilled.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Primrosewarrior

just another thing to drool over when reading those books...

Lutra

I don't see how ice cream could be stored in Redwall without refrigeration.  Its not like meat that could be salted to preserve it before the days of refrigeration and ice chests.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Oh... right. I didn't think of that. Sorry

Redwaller

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lutra on June 09, 2012, 01:37:45 AM
I don't see how ice cream could be stored in Redwall without refrigeration.  Its not like meat that could be salted to preserve it before the days of refrigeration and ice chests.

If they made a cellars right they might be able to pull it off... There are ways to refrigerate without elec.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

iorekthewar

i got the cookbook and found stawberry fizz and wondering if its related to strawberry cordial

Lutra

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 09, 2012, 03:39:45 AM
Quote from: Lutra on June 09, 2012, 01:37:45 AM

If they made a cellars right they might be able to pull it off... There are ways to refrigerate without elec.

While true, could they manage to keep it holding a temperature below freezing for ice cream?  Refrigerator-like, if the cellar is deep enough, you can probably pull it off, but keeping something frozen is another story altogether.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Flandor

I wasn't so much thinking of the logistics of making and storing ice cream at the abbey as what the Redwallers would do if they somehow received ice cream for just a day or something.  While the idea is entertaining, there's really no way to keep anything frozen unless its wintertime.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

redwallgurl

Yes at Wintertime is good but then its too cold. Maybe freezing it in ice then putting it in the callars till Summer?
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwaller

They could dig a room, and fill it with ice in the winter!