News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion

Started by Wisteria Wild Cat, July 21, 2012, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orinoco

I finally got around to watching Equestria Girls. It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting! It was definitely different, but the plot was good and it wasn't that difficult to get used to the rainbow-coloured humans (not as difficult as I expected it to be, anyway). The songs were also very catchy, as usual. And I think Snails was adorable as a human. :D
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

winifred

Haha Equastria Girls was a BIG surprise!!!
but it wasn't that bad. I kinda liked it :) but I can't wait for season 4 to come out!!!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Blaggut

I think the plot will go bad after or mid way through season 4, how much can you do with.. Well... A alicorn main character.. Unless they make all the other ponies alicorns.. But that would be stupid.

~granny smith, the alicorn
~Just a soft space boi~

Dawnwing

I watched Equestria Girls about a week ago.  I thought it worked if you're a MLP fan, but people just taking their little girls to the theater, who knew nothing of the backstory or all the characters, probably would find it rather unimpressive.

Recently, on a site I moderate (an Elder Scrolls fansite), one member joked that since there's six moderators, we should become the Mane Six.  One of the admins (who is not a brony) and I were the only moderators online at the time, and we gleefully agreed.  He became Pinkie Pie, I became Twilight Sparkle, and we edited the other mods' avatars for the other ponies.  It was pretty hilarious, and a bunch of the other members, even non-bronies, joined in.  

The other moderators' reactions when they next came online and discovered their changed avatars were:
"Don't touch my _______ avatar."
"Okay, I know this is going to shatter the realm of "Avron never curses," but seriously:  Why the ___ am I a pony."
"What. The. ___. Happened. While. I. Was. Gone."
"Oh....NO PONIES...please Musicman take them down I know this was you!"

At least most of them played along with it and kept them a few days (and even admitted that their pony had grown on them, even if they initially didn't like it); only the grumpy first one there changed it back right away.

Skyblade

Equestria Girls sounds cool! I'd like to see it.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Oh boy, I used to like that show a lot. I even had a favorite character and all XD

It's been a long time since I watched an episode... maybe tomorrow :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Kitsune

I have the same personality type as Princess Celestia. (*sighs* Again with the whole "needs to be more male characters like me" problem..)

Skyblade

Yay, favorite characters! :D Who is yours? Mine would probably be Fluttershy.

Why don't you create one, Plugg?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on June 19, 2015, 03:21:21 AM
Yay, favorite characters! :D Who is yours? Mine would probably be Fluttershy.

Why don't you create one, Plugg?

Mine was Trixie, she was seriously nuts (and even more after the got the cool amulet).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Kitsune

Hmm.. perhaps I should. I have never thought about that before.

My favorite characters are Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Shining Armor. I also love the mane six too, of course.

Skyblade

Delthion

I like MLP!!! ;D ;D You'll guess my favorite character in three seconds. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Kitsune

Pinkie Pie or Cheese Sandwich?

I also like Rarity and Photo Finish. Because fashion. ^ ^

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Delthion on June 19, 2015, 04:07:24 AM
I like MLP!!! ;D ;D You'll guess my favorite character in three seconds. ;D ;D

Pinkie, definitely Pinkie.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.