News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

How to Train Your Dragon

Started by Rainshadow, August 13, 2012, 12:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Who here likes How to Train Your Dragon?  It's one of my favorite movies!  I absolutely love Toothless because he's just awesome!

I find it funny that Toothless looks like both a dog and a cat.  He acts like a cat sometimes, then other times he's loyal like a dog.  Well, most of the time he's loyal like a dog lol.
 Hiccup is another awesome character.  He's a lot like me.  We're both weird and sort of different, we have freckles, like dragons, and are smart.  We're both wimpy and can't lift heavy things, and there's probably so much more we have in common!

So who's your favorite character?  What's your favorite part in the movie?  Feel free to share!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

TOOTHLESS! He rules with his epic Night Furyness.  :D

"That's totally WICKED!"

;D
Who knows what THAT is from?  ;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

*Gasp!*  The Incredibles!  I've memorized almost all of the lines in that movie I've seen it so many times!  I <3 that movie!!!!
  And yes, I agree that Toothless is an epic Night Fury!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, Toothless is pretty cool. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

HTTYD is not one that's particularly memorable in my book, but it was certainly a fun film.  I've liked others from the Dreamworks/Aardman collaboration more like Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run, but that's beside the point.  Toothless reminded me of a dog with his face...nothing quite like the designs of the other dragons which were more unusual and created of fantasy.  Cool yes, but he got a very generic design for a dragon.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Don't be like that... ;) I reckon the Monstrous Nightmare was more of a traditional dragon.
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lutra on August 13, 2012, 11:43:53 AM
HTTYD is not one that's particularly memorable in my book, but it was certainly a fun film.  I've liked others from the Dreamworks/Aardman collaboration more like Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run, but that's beside the point.  Toothless reminded me of a dog with his face...nothing quite like the designs of the other dragons which were more unusual and created of fantasy.  Cool yes, but he got a very generic design for a dragon.

Actually, I heard in a behind the scenes that Toothless was designed after a black panther screen saver that one of the workers had.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, he does look a bit like a panther.

I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

There's the comparison lol!  They do look sort of alike.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 14, 2012, 04:47:19 AM

There's the comparison lol!  They do look sort of alike.
Toothless looks cute!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Toothless: Cute? CUTE!?!?! I'LL SHOW YOU CUTE!!! *spits fire balls*
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Nightfire

He is really cute.  :D But he's also awesome and intimidating when he wants to be. I absolutely loved the movie, and even did a fanfiction for it. The Monstrous Nightmares were cool, mainly because their coloring reminded me of a tiger, and they liked to light themselves on fire. So epic!

I also loved the scene where Toothless drew in the ground and was pretty much training Hiccup. ^_^ The movie should've been called How To Train Your Human. ;D I honestly thoguht it was much better than the books, and the Terrible Terrors were so darned cute.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Rainshadow

I love the Terrible Terrors!  They're so cute!

Redwallfan7

Okay, I need to see if they have this movie on Netflix! You guys are making me want to see it! Has anyone else seen Eragon? Another good dragon movie.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 16, 2012, 10:19:59 PM
Has anyone else seen Eragon? Another good dragon movie.

I thought that the movie was good, but not as good as the books.  There are probably a hundred things I could say that they got wrong in the movie, but hey, the movie was pretty cool.  Just different.