News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Mythical/Legendary/Imaginary Creatures

Started by Flandor, August 28, 2012, 03:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I also like fairies and pixies. Not so much the Disney kind (even though I love Disney) but more in the fantasy artwork genre.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

I love dragons and phoenixes. They're awesome.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

They don't have Phoenixes in Narnia, the have Griffins.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

They do have a Phoenix in Narnia.

During the battle scene in the first movie, the Phoenix made a wall of fire between the two armies.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

You know I never thought that thing looked like a Phoenix,.... But it IS possible... Hhhhmmmmm...

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Well, it's a bird.  And it lights itself on fire.  I'm guessing that it's a Phoenix.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 29, 2012, 04:22:45 PM
How are the people on the Forum that those little dragons link to? Sounds like fun!
They're all right.  It's a huge forum, so it's got a different feel from small ones like this Redwall forum (for example, this Redwall forum is probably friendlier than any other forum I've ever been on), but for the most part people are pretty mature and can carry on a good discussion.
It's a fun little game whether you go on the forum or not, though.  There's about 100 different breeds of dragon, so it's fun just collecting 'em all and trading eggs and breeding them and having holiday events and stuff.   :D

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Dawnwing on August 30, 2012, 04:27:19 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on August 29, 2012, 04:22:45 PM
How are the people on the Forum that those little dragons link to? Sounds like fun!
They're all right.  It's a huge forum, so it's got a different feel from small ones like this Redwall forum (for example, this Redwall forum is probably friendlier than any other forum I've ever been on), but for the most part people are pretty mature and can carry on a good discussion.
It's a fun little game whether you go on the forum or not, though.  There's about 100 different breeds of dragon, so it's fun just collecting 'em all and trading eggs and breeding them and having holiday events and stuff.   :D

Thanks! I just might join. *joins*

Tannsrall

:( why is the screen stretched?

Anyway back on topic. I don't really mythical creatures that much
,but if I had to choose it would be a Gryphon.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

DanielofRedwall

Oh, I love mythology. Its a really interesting topic. By appearance, I have to say the dragon and griffin are my favourites, but in terms of the story the hydra is one of my favourites, and the phoenix. The barghest sounds interesting, Flandor, I'll have to search those up. :) Another great one is the Bunyip, an Aboriginal Australian story. Really interesting. And does Slender-Man count? :D
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

AxeHound

Trolls and Dragons are amazing!

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

W0NWILL

I agree, trolls are a big part of my history, and pretty cool/

In Norway, the natives have an explanation for all the big rocks lying around, appearing seemingly out of nowhere. They say that when trolls are hit by sunlight they turn into rock, and since trolls aren't very bright they would stay out of their hidey holes until sunrise. The actual scientific explanation is glaciers.