News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Mythical/Legendary/Imaginary Creatures

Started by Flandor, August 28, 2012, 03:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

W0NWILL

Agreed.

This is not my favourite of legendary creatures, but this is the most terrifying I know of, The Grey Man. Most people haven't heard of it, and be glad if you haven't. Unlike most imaginary creatures, it is possible to take a photograph of this. I listened to a podcast about it, even though the legend was thoroughly disproved, I was still scared out of my wits.

You can listen to that podcast here:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4292

psybox

creepers.  Probably not my favorite, but the first thing that comes to mind.

gorath

werecats, dragons, unicorns, griffins and wyverns.
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Redwaller

Rusvul

the lycanthrope (lol, how many of you know what that is?) is cool, and so are dragons and dragonkin like wyverns and firedrakes, fenrir is awesome, but i must say the fenhuang equals or passes all the others. sort of like an asian pheonix, rather than an arabian one, it sings pearls that can heal the sick, mend the injured, and cure the blind. to hear its voice means extreme good luck.

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

W0NWILL

Don't laugh at me... Unicorns. :-[ The kind that kills you, not the kind that is commonly associated with rainbows.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: danflorreguba on September 27, 2012, 11:27:22 PM
OOH OOH! I wann ride it!
Of course you would say that.
Anywho, the killer Unicorns are by far the most awesome kind! I'm still a big fan in Bigfoot or Sasquatch, whatever you wanna call it, same goes for the Cupacabra, which is totally awesome.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Does anyone else think that Slender Man is really creepy?  He is probably my least favorite imaginary creature.  I dunno, is he a myth?  I heard some weird story about him eating children or something like that, but I'm not sure if it's a real myth or just someone joking around.  I know that Slender Man is a game, but is it a myth as well?

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

DanielofRedwall

Rainshadow, Slender Man is an Internet meme that originated in 2009 on the forum Something Awful. They had a contest to make an ordinary-looking photo in to a terrifying picture by using things like Photoshop and other digital manipulation tools. Victor Surge create this photo:
photo
[close]
As well as a sort of "back story" for the creature, and Slender Man was born. Since then numerous videos, pictures and even games (Slender which, for the record, I didn't actually find that scary) have been created. There are claims that a Slender Man-like creature have been part of ancient cultures, but I don't know how true those claims are. If you want to learn more you can read the Know Your Meme page for Slender-Man.
Received mostly negative reviews.