News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Times; Issue 4

Started by Redwaller, September 08, 2012, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Announcements
As of today, there are 1399 members on this forum. The total topics now number 2272, and there are now 115999 posts.

Absences:

1.  Redwaller is gone for a few weeks.  He will be back in September.
  2.  AbbotAlf0805 is still gone, but hopefully he'll be back soon.

Returns:

1.  Flandor has returned from his business.  Welcome back!
  2. W0NWILL is back, and had a great trip. Good to see you home!

Season Names and Namers:

1: Tiria Wildlough named the first autumn: Autumn of the Golden Melody

2: DanielOfRedwall named the first winter: Winter of the Frozen Wind

3: Bragoon named the first spring: Spring of New Beginnings

4: Trigoma named the first summer: Summer of Renewed Hopes

5: Icefire named the second autumn: Autumn of the Faded Rose

"Charge? But I'm only Martin's stunt double! I don't do the fighting!.... Wait a sec... That just doesn't sound right..."

Sable: "Rabbit.... You look ridiculous in that marching band costume."

Hare: *gasps* "Insolence! Foul fiend! Prepare to meat death at the... pointy... end of... my... Baton.... Uh oh."

Help

(DanielofRedwall's request)

First off, I'd strongly advise you to switch the Dwarves from Moles, to Shrews (or both, that works too) Because of the personality that defines our shrews.

I think that your best option for storyline... Is to make something completely original by yourself. I can give you a couple tips on that though. First off, what comes off the top of your head? (not the hair, I mean ideas) NEVER disregard first impressions or ideas. They are often your most invaluable. Second, Consider the many different storylines of one series, then another, then combine the two types, look for repeats in storyline ideas over same or different series. Watch especially for what just seemed to fit so perfectly. Think along that plotline, see how your characters respond, and Respond in kind.

Top Posters

AbbotAlf0805 is still in the lead with those 4142 posts! Dannflorreguba is quickly catching up with now 3100 posts! And Tiria Wildlough is sort of hot on their tails with 2048 posts!

Top Game
Count As High As Possible Before A Moderator Posts by Gonff is still the top game, with 8539 replies, and The Person Below Me by The Lady Shael comes second, with 3129 replies. Have fun with those games, people!

Birthdays

Past:
  Bananagirl (17) August 30
  Storm Gullwhacker (18) and Lantur (13) August 31

Today:

W0NWILL(13) Have a great birthday!

Future:

Griffin(17) September 13
  Tiria Wildlough(12) September 14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is our (late) fourth issue, hope you enjoy!