Round 1 Danflorreguba (Danflower) vs. Gorath (Jukkarus)

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 25, 2012, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Rules:
You have one week from today to put up at least three posts for judging.
If you make more than three posts you must signify which posts you want judged.
All posts must be at least three sentences long.

Do not:
auto-hit (posting hits on anyone's character. Post your attacks and the other person will respond with whether the attack connected or not. Receiving a hit does not mean you will loose the match.)
God-mode (make your character so strong that nothing can hurt them)
Mary-sue (make your character perfect in every way)

First come, first served for posting. Your first post may or may not include an opening attack.

Have fun!!!

The quarry at twilight, an eerie place. The wind gusted through the soft stone and caused flurries of dust to rise. The area had been lit by torches in sconces, the light flickering and dancing as the wind played with it. A wide part of the quarry was roped off as boundaries for dueling contestants. The roped area included a pile of large boulders, an open sandy area, and sheer rock walls. High on the edge of the quarry rested a small booth in which the tournament judges watched.

A voice echoed down to the contestants. "Round one! Danflower Reguba versus Jukkarus! Begin!"

gorath

Jukkarus bared her teeth in a ferocious smile, and started circling him, noting the way he responded to her moves. Feigning one way, she leapt the other, coming in a semi-circle while swinging her sword at her opponents thigh. Feeling the blood rushing through her, she yelled exhilaratingly "Blood and Fuuuuuuur!"
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Dannflower Reguba

This was one crazy squirrel, that much was apparent to Dannflor. Rushing a little bit too soon... Though she had the right idea when she was trying to calculate his reactions. The Reguba switched paws, right to left, and reversed his hold in almost the same instant. The tip of the blade pressed lightly against his foot proving a full guard for his leg. When the blow passed, the quick creature pressed his advantage by once again reversing his hold and making a quick thrust at his opponent.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

gorath

Slightly surprised at Dannflor's reaction, she had obviously underestimated him, Jukkarus switched tactics and swerved, Dannflor's blade narrowly missing her. Thinking quickly, she again feigned left, striking his blade aside. She bared her teeth, trying to startle him,  and jumped completely over him, striking at his back.

Dannflower Reguba

When the squirrel passed over himself, Dannflower Reguba 180 spin while swinging up to give a whack at cleaving his foe in two. His feet came dangerously close together during the maneuver, a calculated risk, but a minor one. There was little chance for his competition to both dodge his attack and gain enough footing herself to strike while he was more vulnerable.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

gorath

Jukkarus saw the blade coming; and also saw Dannflor's weakness. Thinking quickly, she  threw herself into a roll, and tried to knock him over with her body, simultaneously striking up at his face. She hoped at least to throw him off his guard.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: How do you throw yourself into a roll when you're going over my head? and how did she come out of it fast enough to attack? BIC:

Dannflor side-stepped both attacks quickly, he had had time to recover by the time Jukkarus had assualted him. The squirrel wanted more input on this nutty opponent of his, and started to circle her, blade seeking, eyes probing... If he scampered up the cliff face he could gain the advantage of fighting on higher terrain by default, and the narrow walkways circling the quarrys' sides would help him keep it. That would be his move, he took a powerful swing at his foes' midsection, coming from the right, and used the weight of the blade to give him some momentum for the mad dash he made for the cliff face.

gorath

OOC: I jumped over you and landed at your feet, so if you struck to cleave me in two, I could duck and throw myself into a roll.
Jukkarus scrambled to her feet, and quickly sidestepped Dannflor blow. She wasn't fast enough, and Dannflor's blade sliced her waist, causing Jukkarus to grit her teeth. Having something hurt caused Jukkarus to get mad, and she threw herself headlong into her enemy with a flurry of blows, hacking and thrusting angrily, all the while keeping her mind clear in case of a counterattack.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC:
2.) I swung at you while you were going over my head.
**modified, please do not give RPing advice such as what you offered during the match**

BIC:

Dannflor felt safe at this distance from the other squirrel, odd that a wild attempt at an attack worked when his aimed, and precise attacks didn't... How very strange. When he made it to the base of the wall, Dannflower rushed up it as fast as possible to maintain a slight lead on his opponent.

gorath

Seeing her opponent climb up the wall, Jukkarus knew that she could not climb after him without getting hurt, so she drew back several paces. She then planted her sword in the ground, and, taking her bow off her back, she strung it, taking care to keep her sword within reach. Aiming at Dannflor, she fired three arrow in quick succession.

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflor, with a final power-filled thrust threw himself onto the first ledge, barely missing the second two arrows, but the first had dug into his left footpad. The squirrel took this lapse to his advantage, digging out the arrow, and his sling. Placing a medium-sized stone in the pouch, he began to twirl the loaded weapon. When it became a blir, which hadn't taken too long, he stood up and took a crack shot at Jukkarus, and ducked swiftly.

gorath

Jukkarus was expecting something like this, so she ducked. Once the slingstone had passed, she sprung up and retrieved her sword. She then climbed up onto ledge which Dannflor was on, taking advantage of Dannflor's attack, and waited in the en garde position.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Please fix that post as I am far too high for you to have jumped even a FRACTION of the way...... Thanks  :)BIC:

Dannflower was now wielding his sword again, letting the deadly metal edges sway slowly back and forth. With a sudden jerk he shot his weapon forward at Jukkaruss' midriff, then swiping it to the right because there was no left side... except a nasty drop. His right foot slid back just a fraction leaving a slightly wider stance than normal.

gorath

Jukkarus managed to flick aside Dannflor's blade just in the nick of time. Then, blocking his sword with hers, she pressed forward and managed to get her foot behind his left wounded one. Then she pulled back, trying to trip him.

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower high-stepped the tug, and instantly retaliated by thrusting HIMSELF forward into a collision-ready posture, blade guarding his torso as he prepared for impact with the rival squirrel.