News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Strom Pack

Started by Dalek Fur, October 01, 2012, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek Fur

Strom Pack
           By Dalek Fur

Arrow Fastshaft was unusual for a ferret, from the time he could pick up a bow and arrow, he never missed his target. As far as he could remember, his parents were shocked that he never had to practice shooting, he could even hit his target blindfolded. Although, that was highly unusual, that didn't make Arrow unusual. What made him unusual was the fact that he didn't like to kill, plunder, and be a thief. Arrow also told the truth around other ferrets, weasels, stoats, and others among his tribe. The others just sneer at him and call him names behind his back, even his own parents turned against him after a while, saying they don't like a son who was too honest. So one day, after being berated by his chief, Arrow packed up some supplies and left. Far south of Mossflower Woods, Arrow always lived in the Spring and Summer time. It never really got cold. Now, he was a traveling nomad, taking shelter where he could find some.

Where ever Arrow went, he helped innocent creatures that were in need, sometimes driving away rouge creatures that tried to harm them. If they offered him a place to stay, he would stay over night just to refill his pack and leave when he first woke up in the mornings. To the vermin, Arrow was called a traitor to his own kind, but to the other creatures, the first sight is always terrified of him, but a second glance tells them that he is gentle and wise. Wandering the forest, Arrow was looking at the peaceful scenery that surrounded him. The smell of dogwood from the trees filled his nostrils as he inhaled the scent. The dogwoods were just starting to bloom, along with the azalea bushes that grew around them. Taking a moment to stop and smell the lovely bloom of the azaleas, Arrow's ears perked up at the sound of noise.

Slinking to the ground, Arrow Fastshaft notched an arrow to his bow. Peeking over some bushes, Arrow noticed that a small band of weasels were picking on something that was white and somewhat large. It sort of looked like an albino fox to Arrow, but the tail wasn't bushy, instead, it was scraggily.

The white fox stood facing the small band and was shouting out threats. "Mah name is Howler McBlade laddies! If yah want tah face me, then bring it ohn! I chan throhw a blahde like to tomorrow! If yah value yah lives, then get lawst!"

The leader of the weasels laughed and spit on the albino fox's paw. "Hahaha! I'd love to see you try, fox! Making threats to the leader of the Plunder Clan is penitently by death!"

"It's wolf to yah laddie!" Howler barked as he threw a blade at the leader at the same time Arrow let loose his arrow at a crony of the leader. The poor weasel just looked down at the arrow that seemed to grow from his stomach and fell over.

"Agh! We're under attack!" another weasel said as the small band tried to scatter in different directions. 

"Who goes there?" Howler asked, taking his blade out of the chief weasel to throw it to whoever let loose the arrow.

"Truce!" Arrow yelled, slinging his bow over his shoulders and coming out of hiding, holding his paws in the air. Both ferret and wolf looked at each other and taking each other in.

Howler flipped his blade in to the air, caught it by the steel part and put it up, then holding out a paw. "Mah name is Howler, but yah probably knah that by knaw if yah were watching the entire thing. Called mahself McBlade because Hai'm good with a killer blade mahtie! What be yahr name?"

Arrow grinned and shook Howler's paw. "Name's Arrow Fastshaft. I'm good with a bow and arrow, and I always hit my target. Never even have to practice. Pleasure to meet you Howler McBlade!"

"Arrow Fastshaft? Pleasure tah meet yah!" Howler said, grinning.