News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

I've never been against the re-boot, I've been very hopeful of a good job. It appears I may be getting my wish  :D. I felt a little, "meh," until I saw the X-wing scene..... Now THAT was cool! Can't wait to see it next year, though my excitement over KFP 3 may run it down a little.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Izeroth

Am I the only one who thinks the orange droid looks like a soccer ball?

Jetthebinturong

Am I the only one who thinks the weird lightsaber somehow looks less realistic than the lightsabers from the OT?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Izeroth

I don't see why you would even want little lightsabers branching off from the main one. Seems like it would be easy to cut your hand on it  :P

Jetthebinturong

It's supposed to function as a crossguard I suppose

James Gryphon

Some journalist pointed out, though, that it'd be better to have an actual crossguard right below the secondary blade emitters.

The two blades, anyway, don't look like they would be a very good crossguard; there's a little bit of room in between the "crossguard" blades and the main blade, so that you could strike between them and ruin it. And having extra lightsaber blades adds all kind of new ways to cut yourself. I'm not sure why the guy didn't just use a deflector shield, like the ones on the droidekas.

It would be nice if they didn't mess these films up, but I'm not holding my breath. The new Star Trek films, from what I've seen of them, managed to totally miss the point of Star Trek, while trampling on TOS, so I'm not sure that these will be much better. People like to bash Lucas, but I think they'll realize how much they miss him running the show after the first of the new trilogy is out.
« Subject to editing »

Søren

Quote from: Izeroth on November 29, 2014, 06:28:03 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the orange droid looks like a soccer ball?
No.
As far as the lightsaber goes, I think they may have made it to be a crossbar, or maybe just to make it cool.

Jetthebinturong

In my opinion, they failed if it was the latter

The Mask

The lightsaber may not be the most practical but I like it better than the double ended blade.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rusvul

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 29, 2014, 07:31:22 PM
Some journalist pointed out, though, that it'd be better to have an actual crossguard right below the secondary blade emitters.

The two blades, anyway, don't look like they would be a very good crossguard; there's a little bit of room in between the "crossguard" blades and the main blade, so that you could strike between them and ruin it. And having extra lightsaber blades adds all kind of new ways to cut yourself. I'm not sure why the guy didn't just use a deflector shield, like the ones on the droidekas.

It would be nice if they didn't mess these films up, but I'm not holding my breath. The new Star Trek films, from what I've seen of them, managed to totally miss the point of Star Trek, while trampling on TOS, so I'm not sure that these will be much better. People like to bash Lucas, but I think they'll realize how much they miss him running the show after the first of the new trilogy is out.

The first new ST film is bad. It completely misses the point of Star Trek. The second one doesn't, though, it has lots of awesome parallels with Wrath of Khan and... It's pretty cool. It's more action than it is other stuff, but still, it's pretty good.

Søren

Im really excited about this, though I'm not expecting a home run. In the past two trilogy's, the first movie was never the best. In my opinion, the best are ranked as follows:
VI Return of the Jedi
III Revenge of the Sith
V Empire Strikes back
IV New Hope
I Phantom Menance
II Attack of the Clones
Only Darth Maul can lift episode one over episode two.
I'm hoping this new movie will be really good, but I want episode 8,9 to be even better.

Wylder Treejumper

Oh boy... Don't get me started on this. The lightsaber looks ridiculous. And I really don't think it would be helpful.

The droid is a soccer ball.

I wouldn't fly X-wings that close to water, either. It looks dangerous.

My main fear is that they turn Star Wars into a sci-fi psuedo-horror thing, instead of the epic fantasy it was originally. It was already heading that way with Episode III.  :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

Well, one could say it's dangerous to fly x wings into the death star. But that worked out well.

Wylder Treejumper

Yeah... But flying them next to water is just stupid. There is difference.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.