News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Round 2 Rainshadow (Lonna Bowstripe) vs. Tiria Wildlough (Slassen)

Started by BrookSkimmer, October 08, 2012, 04:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Rules:
You have one week from today to put up at least three posts for judging.
If you make more than three posts you must signify which posts you want judged.
All posts must be at least three sentences long.

Do not:
auto-hit (posting hits on anyone's character. Post your attacks and the other person will respond with whether the attack connected or not. Receiving a hit does not mean you will loose the match.)
God-mode (make your character so strong that nothing can hurt them)
Mary-sue (make your character perfect in every way)

First come, first served for posting. Your first post may or may not include an opening attack.

Have fun!!!

Brockhall, ancestral home of the Brock family and located in the northeastern part of Mossflower woods. The location for the second round of the tournament. Contestants find themselves stooping down to enter the doorway that leads underground to the relatively small confines of the home. This arena includes various small sitting rooms, a small infirmary, a nursery, a study, a master bedroom, dormitories, a kitchen, a larder, storerooms and a large main hall. All of these locations may be used during the duel. Brockhall has been lit by various small sconces and candles. The conditions are cramped and contestants will need to keep their wits about them.

A small section of one sitting room has been roped off for the judges. Three beasts sit at a small oaken table. From this vantage point most of the areas of combat can be seen.

A voice sounds in the confined space:

"Lonna Bowstripe versus Slassen! Begin!"

Rainshadow

Lonna Bowstripe ducked his head and walked into the ancient home of the badgers.  His ancestors had lived here quite some time ago.  Lonna felt as though he was connected to this place in some way.
  Lonna walked into the dueling area, which was only lit by torches.  He touched the scar on his face; it still pained him at times.  Wiping his sweaty paws off on his tunic, Lonna took out his bow.  He set an arrow to the string and pulled it back.  Then Lonna waited.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen slunk along under a row of chairs, gripping her knife in her teeth. She was aware of the giant badger standing with his arrow at the ready. She wondered whether she should come out now and risk getting shot straight off, or remain hidden. Indecision made her pause for a minute.
The ferret moved too quickly as she slid out, and bumped a chair. The noise echoed through the silent room.
OOC: Please judge this post.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Lonna heard a noise, like that of a chair scraping across the floor.  He spun around and saw his opponent.
  "Hello, ferret."
  Touching the goose feather of the arrow to his cheek, Lonna took aim and fired.  He had aimed at his opponent's head, and since there was no wind in the ancient badger home, he was sure that he would at least hit his foe.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen jumped, pushing aside the chairs. The arrow buried itself in her left paw. She screeched in pain and backed away frantically, leaving her knife behind.
She drew a dagger with her good paw and aimed carefully at Lonna's head. Then she fired.
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Lonna hadn't expected his foe to recover that quickly, but he did manage to duck right before the dagger would have struck him.  Instead of hitting Lonna's brow, the dagger nicked the top of his head.  "Ah!"
 Blood slowly oozed out of the wound as Lonna pulled out another arrow.  He put his arrow to the string and looked for Slassen.
 Seeing the ferret by the chairs, Lonna fired an arrow at her.  He then ducked behind a column and set another arrow to the string.  He wanted to be ready for when she decided to attack.  Blood slowly dribbled into his eye, and he wiped it away.

OOC:  Please use this for judging.  Thank you.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen ducked in time to save her head, but the arrow tore through her ear instead. She bit her lip to stop herself from squealing. Then Slassen caught sight of the badger behind the column. She realized that if she threw another dagger, he would shoot, and she might not be able to duck fast enough this time. She paused, trying to think of a plan.
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Lonna waited for another attempt at his life, but no weapon came.  He wondered why this was so.  He shouted out, "Are you afraid, vermin?  Come out and fight me, coward!"
  Turning around, Lonna looked to see where his enemy was.  He had his bow in front of him, the arrow pulled back as far as it would go.

Tiria Wildlough

Stung by the insult, Slassen decided to risk it. She drew a new dagger. Holding it by its point, she shut on eye and aimed not for Lonna himself, but for his bowstring. Slassen let the blade fly, then ducked.
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Lonna saw the dagger coming, but it was coming too fast for him to stop it.  "Nooo!"  Slice!  His bowstring was cut cleanly in half.  He held his bow like a staff in his left hand and drew his dagger.  He didn't want to waste either of his weapons, but he needed to get closer to his enemy.  He dove behind a row of chairs and started to inch his way closer to the ferret.

BrookSkimmer

Round 2 of the tournament has been extended to Wednesday the 17th of Oct.

Keep posting!  ;D

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen silently congratulated herself on cutting Lonna's bowstring. Then she saw the badger inching around. The ferret groaned inwardly. After the burst of adrenalin, she remembered that her wounded paw was hurting fiercely. She tried to ignore it, and darted to retrieve her knife, and held it on front of her, ready for any attack her opponent might make.
OOC: Please judge this post.
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Inwardly, Lonna was roaring at the ferret for breaking his bowstring.  That had been a gift from the creatures that had saved his life!  Outwardly, however, Lonna tried to make it look like he didn't care at all.
 He didn't dare stand up to try and fight his opponent, seeing as she could kill him with one flick of the paw.  Instead, Lonna tried to crawl underneath one chair that was just a few yards from the foe.  Unfortunately, Lonna didn't think of how big he was compared to the chair.  He grunted as he tried to free himself from his new prison.  His hind end wouldn't budge.  Lonna was stuck underneath a chair.

OOC:  Please use this for judging.  Thank you.

Tiria Wildlough

Slassen grinned in spite of herself at the sight of the badger stuck under a chair. She walked over to him and waved a dagger in front of his face. 'You still think I'm a coward now, badger? Do you feel like saying so?'
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Lonna glared at the ferret.  "If you were in my place, ferret, you would be doing the same thing."  He tried to stand up suddenly, and realized that he could stand.  He had to lean forward to retain his balance, but he could stand.  He spun around, aiming to hit his opponent with the burdensome chair.