News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 13, 2011, 11:40:51 PM
Quote from: martins#1fan on July 13, 2011, 02:23:54 PM
When it comes to 100 on 100, depending upon hordes, hands down it would have to be Badrang over Tsarmina. However, when it comes to Badrang vs. Tsarmina in hand to hand combat it would probably be either Tsarmina, or a tie; a tie because  Tsarmina is like you guys said, Merciless and Ruthless. But then again, Mabey Badrang Because, He's ( in my mind ) a master swordsman. He's not as ruthless or merciless, but he has better skills with a sword, ( any weapon pretty much ) has soldiers are MORE loyal to him, and also, He's  sharper witted.

I don't remember Badrang ever being a master swordsbeast.
It never said so, but It's probably how Mr. Jacques meant for him to be. Maybe not a master sword beast, but a Warrior. ( evil that is )
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Storm

I would say either Princess Kurda or Gabool. Kurda can install true fear in enemy's, has a well trained army, and has a cool head in most battle. Gabool operates well under insanity, always has a plan, and almost won against Trag.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Captain Tammo

Korvus Skurr could just fly above everyone and just pick them off one by one. However someone could take him down once he swoops down. What about Razzid Wearat, he'd just scare everyone who sees him
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 14, 2011, 08:49:47 PM
What about Razzid Wearat, he'd just scare everyone who sees him
Somehow I kind of doubt he would frighten Cluny the Scourge... or Slagar the Cruel, who's probably seen worse every time he looked in the mirror ;), or Ferahgo the Assassin, who's personally slaughtered and skinned hundreds of creatures... or really a bunch of other villains either.

These guys are all hard-boiled warlords, pirates, or tyrants; I think the only form of physical appearance that's likely to influence their opinions is size -- and then, not by much, since many of these leaders have fought and killed larger creatures before.
« Subject to editing »

Redwall Musician

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 15, 2011, 05:41:19 AM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 14, 2011, 08:49:47 PM
What about Razzid Wearat, he'd just scare everyone who sees him
Somehow I kind of doubt he would frighten Cluny the Scourge... or Slagar the Cruel, who's probably seen worse every time he looked in the mirror ;), or Ferahgo the Assassin...

Ha! Reminds me of a quote from the TV series:

"Don't worry, I'll get over it. Your ugly, and there's no cure for that!"
-Cornflower, from Redwall TV series

Sorry for the randomness.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Maybe not the main villains, but you need soldiers to support you and he could scare them
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

BasilStagHare

It's kind of funny that in every book, the Vermin Leaders always control their army through terror and fear, and the good woodlanders etc. always control their armies through friendship and honor. Funny eh? Anyway, I don't have a specific vermin leader, but I think those vermin that have armies with order are more likely to win than sea vermin and tribes.
Trying to stop me read the Redwall Series is like telling a Hare that he's on rations for a whole season.

daskar666

Quote from: BasilStagHare on July 15, 2011, 07:15:25 PM
It's kind of funny that in every book, the Vermin Leaders always control their army through terror and fear, and the good woodlanders etc. always control their armies through friendship and honor. Funny eh? Anyway, I don't have a specific vermin leader, but I think those vermin that have armies with order are more likely to win than sea vermin and tribes.
Since they all get a random selection of 100 vermin they would all have armies, and would probably order them.

Scragg the Weasel

I  have read all of the very strong arguments, but, I disagree with most. In my opinion, Cluny the Scourge will always be the epitome of evil doers in the world of Redwall. He was very cunning, very strong and powerful, terribly scary (Scourge-like tail, lost an eye after killing a PIKE), he was strategically diverse (wish he lived longer to see what else he had up his sleeve), is a legend to not only the people of Redwall during his time but also after many many seasons (Ex: Sawney rath opting to stay away from Redwall at all costs because they were actually able to kill Cluny) and finally because he, like all other villians, is truly evil. So while he may only stand ahead of the others by a fraction of a whisker, he is still standing at the end, in my opinion anyway.
Where do I sign?

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Scragg the Weasel on July 17, 2011, 11:18:29 PM
I  have read all of the very strong arguments, but, I disagree with most. In my opinion, Cluny the Scourge will always be the epitome of evil doers in the world of Redwall. He was very cunning, very strong and powerful, terribly scary (Scourge-like tail, lost an eye after killing a PIKE), he was strategically diverse (wish he lived longer to see what else he had up his sleeve), is a legend to not only the people of Redwall during his time but also after many many seasons (Ex: Sawney rath opting to stay away from Redwall at all costs because they were actually able to kill Cluny) and finally because he, like all other villians, is truly evil. So while he may only stand ahead of the others by a fraction of a whisker, he is still standing at the end, in my opinion anyway.

You raise a good point. Most main villains have something about them that makes them that much more evil and feared(ex: Razzid being a wearat, Gulo's size and cannibalism, Gabool being a master swordsbeast, the sable quaen's cunningness, Vilu Daskar and slagar being slavers, etc.) but Cluny and Badrang and Tsarmina, in my opinion, are great "all around" villains. Meaning they don't have just one thing that makes them a warlord. They have many skills along with power and ferocity which makes them that much better.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 18, 2011, 02:06:50 AM
Quote from: Scragg the Weasel on July 17, 2011, 11:18:29 PM

You raise a good point. Most main villains have something about them that makes them that much more evil and feared(ex: Razzid being a wearat, Gulo's size and cannibalism, Gabool being a master swordsbeast, the sable quaen's cunningness, Vilu Daskar and slagar being slavers, etc.) but Cluny and Badrang and Tsarmina, in my opinion, are great "all around" villains. Meaning they don't have just one thing that makes them a warlord. They have many skills along with power and ferocity which makes them that much better.
Point taken.  why does nobody ever mention Swartt Sixclaw along with them????
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

James Gryphon

I think the probable reason why Swartt isn't ranked up there is because we never see him perform any feats.

All of the great villains have some accomplishment, or some implied strength -- Gabool destroyed Saltar (who was also a renowned duelist) in a swordfight, and it's implied that he took out tons of others in his corsair career. Tsarmina's a wildcat, which automatically puts her up a notch, just because she's larger than just about everyone else (also, cats are born killers; anyone who owns an "outside" cat can testify to this). Cluny is simply loaded with feats -- "Cluny lost an eye. The pike lost its life!", the whip-like tail, the incredibly long career of destruction and devastation prior to Redwall, nearly beating Matthias in spite of going up against Martin's sword with just an iron churchyard spike, etc. Ferahgo, in addition to longevity, easily killed several badgers, and we get to see him nearly do it again, plus he survived the scalding water and effortlessly foiled an attempted assassination. Even Ublaz got to hypnotize several beasts.

Whereas Swartt is more like a younger Sawney Rath -- more of a political leader than a physical one (though Sawney got to kill the original Gruven). While it's implied that Swartt is physically dangerous (what with the armored sixclaw and all of that), we never get to see him smack down anyone except with his wits.

I think that plays a role in his ranking -- if we had a scene where we got to, say, see Swartt massacre toads in the marshlands, that might help him a little.
« Subject to editing »

Captain Tammo

Yea swartt just didn't do much. So most people just assume he wouldn't do well. I feel like him and slagar would be evenly matched

rakkety tam

hands down gulo he may not be that smart but if i saw him and i had a bazooka i would run
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Scragg the Weasel

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 19, 2011, 12:10:12 AM
I think the probable reason why Swartt isn't ranked up there is because we never see him perform any feats.

All of the great villains have some accomplishment, or some implied strength -- Gabool destroyed Saltar (who was also a renowned duelist) in a swordfight, and it's implied that he took out tons of others in his corsair career. Tsarmina's a wildcat, which automatically puts her up a notch, just because she's larger than just about everyone else (also, cats are born killers; anyone who owns an "outside" cat can testify to this). Cluny is simply loaded with feats -- "Cluny lost an eye. The pike lost its life!", the whip-like tail, the incredibly long career of destruction and devastation prior to Redwall, nearly beating Matthias in spite of going up against Martin's sword with just an iron churchyard spike, etc. Ferahgo, in addition to longevity, easily killed several badgers, and we get to see him nearly do it again, plus he survived the scalding water and effortlessly foiled an attempted assassination. Even Ublaz got to hypnotize several beasts.

Whereas Swartt is more like a younger Sawney Rath -- more of a political leader than a physical one (though Sawney got to kill the original Gruven). While it's implied that Swartt is physically dangerous (what with the armored sixclaw and all of that), we never get to see him smack down anyone except with his wits.

I think that plays a role in his ranking -- if we had a scene where we got to, say, see Swartt massacre toads in the marshlands, that might help him a little.
I totally agree. While I loved swartt as a character, he didnt do much as a "Fighter" type leader, He was definately a political guy. For example, instead of fighting Balefur as a Cluny, Tsarmina, or others might have done, he he killed him with deciet and strategy. Swartt is the Fidel Castro of Mossflower
Where do I sign?