News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

LOTR randomness

Started by Redwallfan7, March 23, 2013, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 10, 2015, 10:06:03 PM
Okay, what is with the books/movies and giant spiders?! I mean, really?! And is it necessary to show people being beheaded and otherwise killed?! That's just gross!
...I honestly don't mind it...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

I don't either, but my mom and I started watching The Hobbit last night night before last.. We stopped because a) It was my bedtime in about ten minutes, and b) We were getting bored bored of watching orcs get killed. And I'm not the biggest fan of spiders. *Shrugs* Sorry, just had to vent a little. *Kicks self* Remember, Corn, last night you were moving all night and day long

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 10, 2015, 10:21:54 PM
You were watching TDoS?

What? The one I was/am watching is The Unexpected Journey.

Jetthebinturong

There aren't any spiders in that one
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 10, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
There aren't any spiders in that one

Yes, there are. What about that part that introduces Radagast? You know, with the hedgehog (Or is it a porcupine?)? Don't you dare try to tell me those weren't spiders on his house!

Jetthebinturong

Oh yeah, that bit, forgot about that bit
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

...Ooohh, right. *Facepalm*

Lady Amber

It barely showed them in that part though.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lady Amber on January 10, 2015, 10:59:47 PM
It bearly showed them in that part though.

It still shows a fascination with giant spiders. . . . . .

Lady Amber

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 10, 2015, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: Lady Amber on January 10, 2015, 10:59:47 PM
It bearly showed them in that part though.

It still shows a fascination with giant spiders. . . . . .
Yeah, but they were only there, and in Mirkwood Forest in The Desolation of Smaug.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Delthion

Can't believe I've missed this topic for so long!!!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 10, 2015, 10:06:03 PM
Okay, what is with the books/movies and giant spiders?! I mean, really?! And is it necessary to show people being beheaded and otherwise killed?! That's just gross!

Many of us enjoy a nice bit of gore sometimes.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.