News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Movie / TV / Book Titles Game

Started by Buzz_Bumble, April 13, 2013, 07:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Here's one for you.  :)

Add, remove, or change ONE letter in the title of a movie, TV show, or book to make a new, often more interesting, title. Here's a few to get you thinking ...

Baitman (Batman with an extra 'i')
A superhero who dresses up in the costumes of small fish and insects to hook the big fish of the criminal underworld.

Doctor Woo (Doctor Who with the 'h' changed to an 'o' ... I wonder where that idea came from ;))
A TV show about a Time Owl who travels through time and space in a TARDIS which is stuck in the disguise of a bird house.

Dye Hard (Die Hard with the 'i' changed to a 'y')
A movie series in which the aging action hero actor keeps changing his hair colour.

The Lord of the Rungs (The Lord of the Rings with the 'i' changed to a 'u')
A movies series where a band of Hobbits must get to the top of the ladder before the evil wizard catches them.

I have plenty more ... but it's time for you guys to have a go.  :)
(Note: You don't have to include descriptions.)

Shadowed One

Supperman: A movie about a super hero who is always eating supper.

Bedwall: The Redwall series except instead of the walls being red, they are made of beds.(I know, it sounds dumb.)
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rainshadow

Iron Can (Iron Man):  Tommy Spark (Tony Stark) is a weapons dealer who got captured and was forced to make a bomb for terrorists.  With the help of his new friend, Young Son (Yinsen), he makes a giant can made out of iron so that they can both roll out of their prison and escape to freedom.

@Buzz:  What's Doctor Woo?  Lol, I can't figure it out!  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DanielofRedwall

Watership Drown (Watership Down: in short, the end of Titanic.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Norham Waterpaw

For those of you who enjoy classic movies, The Rocketear
A movie about a young man who learns to fly by finding a jetpack to attach to his ear.

Actual movie: The Rocketeer
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Avatar: The Last Hairbender Not sure what this'd be, but it'd be funny...

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 13, 2013, 07:00:52 PM

A young boy by the name of Fang goes around using his hairbending powers to give hair to the good people of the four nations, trying to fight off the evil, baldbending Prince Cuckoo, who's plan is to rid the four nations of hair.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Z Factor (X Factor)
A reality TV series hunting for the singer who puts you to sleep the fastest, ZZzzzz...
(Hmmm, maybe that's one isn't a parody at all! ;))

Wander Woman (Wonder Woman)
A series about a sleepwalking female superhero (even tying herself to the bed with her Golden Lasoo doesn't help).

QuoteAvatar: The Last Hairbender Not sure what this'd be, but it'd be funny...
Sounds like a comedy show based around the last hair salon on Earth.  :)

Rusvul

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 13, 2013, 08:19:34 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 13, 2013, 07:00:52 PM

A young boy by the name of Fang goes around using his hairbending powers to give hair to the good people of the four nations, trying to fight off the evil, baldbending Prince Cuckoo, who's plan is to rid the four nations of hair.
yes. YES! that is awesome!
Tom and Jarry A cat constantly chases a jar, for some reason, and the jar, just by being an inanimate object, thwarts him every time.

Rainshadow

Hen in Black:  A mysterious hen who dresses in a black outfit goes around the world, defending the planet from evil alien roosters.

Hen in Black 2:  The hen is back in black for the sequel to the sci-fi movie, Hen in Black.  This time, the hen, AKA Agent H, has to fight a fearsome enemy, who's codename is The Snake.

Hen in Black 3:  Agent H is back yet again when her friend, Agent R, is killed by a crazy time traveling rooster cyborg.  Agent H must then travel to the past to save Agent R, going back to 1969 and meeting a much younger version of her teammate, before he knew her.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 13, 2013, 11:49:29 PM
Tom and Jarry A cat constantly chases a jar, for some reason, and the jar, just by being an inanimate object, thwarts him every time.

That reminds me of this one ...

Jars 2 (Jaws 2)
A movie about the scary world of man-eating jams and preserves. "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the kitchen cupboard."

Lily

Star Paws - Luke Skybarker embarks on an epic adventure along with his friends Ham Solo and Princess Llama.

Buzz_Bumble

Yoga Bear: An animated show about a bear and his lil' buddy who go around stealing exercise mats and leotards. "More flexible than the average bear."

Superbman: A movie series about the world's best looking, best dressed, most popular, and most successful superhero.

Norham Waterpaw

LegendBreakers:
Two guys who blow things up to prove old legends!

Real show: MythBusters
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Buzz_Bumble

QuoteLegendBreakers ... Real show: MythBusters

That isn't really following the game's rules. That title changes almost every letter, not just ONE.  :)