The Movie / TV / Book Titles Game

Started by Buzz_Bumble, April 13, 2013, 07:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Redwaller

Yelpin Weasels(Welkin Weasels): A gang of weasels yelping for their mammies.

Norham Waterpaw

Indiana Bones:

When Indie randomly becomes the doctor on the Enterprise...
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Redwaller on April 16, 2013, 08:36:43 PM
Yelpin Weasels (Welkin Weasels)

Nope. You've changed more than ONE letter as well.  :)

QuoteLegendBreakers ... Real show: MythBusters

I don't know if they're called "buskers" in America, but you could have:

Myth Buskers
Two guys who stand on a street corner singing songs about old myths, and wanting passers-by to throw spare change into a beret on the ground.

The Young & the Rustless
A US soap opera based around the lives of young workers in companies making plastic and carbon fibre product.

Rainshadow

Eragorn:  (Eragon)  The story of a young boy by the name of Eragorn who's parents were a big fan of Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings, but sadly, they could not spell.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Eragone (Eragon)
The sequel movie that covers the death of the last dragon and the end of the dragon era.

Redwaller

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 17, 2013, 07:32:57 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on April 16, 2013, 08:36:43 PM
Yelpin Weasels (Welkin Weasels)

Nope. You've changed more than ONE letter as well.  :)
Oops, sorry.

And maybe you could change it to two letters?  ::)

Anyway:

Tough(Touch)

A series where a boxer shows how tough he is by battling against wild animals.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Redwaller on April 18, 2013, 08:17:50 PM
Oops, sorry.

And maybe you could change it to two letters?  ::)

Can't do that ... yet.  :)
The newspaper where the basis for this idea came from (they were redefining normal words) did run out of ideas and eventually changed the rules to allow more letters.

There's been a few I've came up with that don't work for the one letter rule ... usually it's due to them rhyming and you don't notice you've changed more than one.

CHiMPs (CHiPs)
A police series following California Highway Mounted Patrol set in the future when apes rule the world.

Nip, Suck (Nip, Tuck)
A medical drama series where the plastic surgeons are really vampires.

Pilates of the Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean)
A movies series about an exercise gym in ye olde Jamaica (often visited by the ghost of Johnny Depp).

Rusvul

Rinkheart: A book where a boy stranded in Florida only wants to learn to ice skate. But there aren't any frozen lakes there, and his family can't afford to take him to an ice-skating rink. :P, is adding a letter ok?

Buzz_Bumble

Quoteis adding a letter ok?

Yep, adding one letter is okay, as long as you don't also change any other letters. Can't say I've ever heard of "Inkheart", but a quick Google search turns up that it is a book and a movie.

Rusvul

The movie isn't great, but the books are  :P

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Rainshadow

The Legend of Zelda:  Wind Walker:  (Wind Waker)  This video game follows the story of a young boy by the name of Limp (Link) who's only wish is to walk like normal people.  He gains the power to control the wind so he can propel himself forward, thus causing him to at least LOOK like he's walking normally.

If only you could change two letters!  Then I could say:  The Legend of Bella:  Twilight Princess.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Kitsune

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 20, 2013, 01:02:12 AM
  The Legend of Zelda:  Wind Walker:  (Wind Waker)  This video game follows the story of a young boy by the name of Limp (Link) who's only wish is to walk like normal people.  He gains the power to control the wind so he can propel himself forward, thus causing him to at least LOOK like he's walking normally.

If only you could change two letters!  Then I could say:  The Legend of Bella:  Twilight Princess.  :P

Love that game!!! First LoZ game I ever had!