News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How to stop a person from bullying you ?

Started by adamm, May 15, 2013, 08:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamm

Hi friends,

Never care what people think about you. If you do that, you're a moron . Well, I think when someone tries to bully you in front of people, don't be scared! Make yourself angry and act like a crazy psychopath and they will stop breaking balls!

I need you suggestion about this ?

Aldeneg

Um... I'm not quite sure what you're asking? ??? Are you asking my opinion on whether that's a good way to deal with bullies? I'm going to assume that...
   And in which case, no. I don't think that's the best way to deal with bullies. I've dealt with bullies since... Well since I moved to the town I'm living in now and I found the best way to deal with a bully is to just ignore them. A classmate I knew would react like a raging maniac when people bullied him and it actually encouraged the bullies to keep doing it! If you don't react to their taunting, they begin to find it boring. Then again, it depends on the bully's personality type. Sometimes ignoring them drives them to do more drastic things and in that case, showing some muscle might work...
   But I do agree not to care what other people think about you!!

Also, not to nag or anything, but I believe this topic is in the wrong section...

EDITED (sorry, I just now realized I should probably make it a little clearer when talking about the classmate.)

Shadowed One

Yes, it is in the wrong section, because it is unrelated to Redwall. It should probably go in Cavern Hole.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

This should be in Cavern Hole.  :-\ General Discussion is for redwall and anything about Redwall  ;) its alright you'll soon learn the rules and regulations  :) A mod should move this to Cavern Hole for you  8)   

Saolta Oiche

Bullies are a rubbish sort of creature that need to look in the mirror. I would agree with the idea of ignoring them but that might not always work. Don't look bothered by them, don't act bothered by them but quite calmly tell them that if the continue you'll report them (to whoever that might be). You just have to remember that you are better than the bully by an amount that is so infinite that it's, well, more than infinite.  ;D

Staying calm helps a lot and makes you look better and should someone in authority look at what has happened, then you are in the clear.

Acting crazy probably won't work, as the others have said.

Hope things work out, if this advice is for you.  :)
Have fun, smile and keep your head high. Be as happy as a hare!

CrazyPug37

Bullies are basically all the bad characters in all of the Redwall books put together, except they have no real power, and are just hurting other people's feelings to make themselves feel better.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ungatt Trunn

I'd say that you should just stand up to them. Don't fight them, just stand up to them. Bullies just like to bully around people who won't be a mach for them. But when somebody stands up to them, well, lets just say that bullies are usully cowards, so you should get the picture.

Life is too short to rush through it.

phoenixfoden

ussualy you should tell a teacher,but if that dont work gets some buddies,set a trap, and beat them senseless,dont forget to rax their money and stuff after bro  ;)

Dinte

As someone who likes to dwell on more deeper levels of bullies: by someone who has been bullied and teases kitroll on a daily basis
There are 3 things a bully wants when bullying in order of importance
#1 A reaction: this means when you kick,whine,scream,punch,etc...
#2 A feeling of power: this means it makes them feel better about themselves and more important
#3 to show off to other people: this means that MOST of the time bullying takes place is where others can see it and show they can show off #2

Now then about 70% of bullies have 2 problems. could be one of the 2 or both or none, up to the person
#1 they have bad parenting and/or best/friends who have bad parents: this could be similar to parents who are alcoholics, drug addicts, and/or beaten by parents
#2 Their parents/family is never around: these means that they are looking for attention they want to be in the spotlight since they don't have any attention at home and they want to bully someone so people look at them since it is a rather easy way they found to get attention and this could also cause them to be a delinquent or class clown.

So there is only 1 solution to a bully problem
#1 Smile and walk away: this means that you should look at all this about bullies and there mental problems and then just smile that you are not them and don't have these problems then walk away from them. Just walk away show nothing else but smiling and walking away

side options: annoy them to the bally extreme wot

this is my 3-2-1 reasoning on bullies and how to deal with them hope this helps (thank you sister's psychology book)
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Rusvul

I have a friend who is also a bully. It's really weird. Sometimes he's incredibly hard to deal with, he often drives me crazy. And it doesn't help that my pencil, being a mechanical pencil, splits into two. That's often annoying. Anyway, when he's not taking pencils, or flicking my chair, or doing tiny little things that bug me so much that I can't do anything, he's usually very nice. Very strange. My experience with bullies is that it's best to ignore them if possible, or stay calm and reply. Be forceful, as if you have the authority to get them in trouble. If they are trying to physically hurt you, that's different. Never having been in that situation, I'm not sure what to say. Use your knowledge of Martial Arts? Get the tiny pistol that you always keep in the sole of your boot? Ok, perhaps, being an airship captain, I'm the only one with one of those in my shoe, but still. Actually, probably best to make noise. Like, get someone's attention, especially an adult's. Isn't physically injuring someone enough to get you expelled in most schools?

Aldeneg

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 16, 2013, 04:19:54 AM
Isn't physically injuring someone enough to get you expelled in most schools?

I'm not sure... In my old school, there were a lot of physical fights and no one ever got expelled... At least, not from my experience. One girl punched me, I socked her back, and we got suspended for a while but not expelled. :/ On the upside, no one ever hit me again!
    But no one ever got expelled...

KitrallStreamrippler

There is a quote that I think is highly applicable to this question- "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." (Oscar Wilde)

Also, just ask them to stop, then assertively (but not aggressively) tell them to stop, then tell an adult. You are not "tattling" for doing so, you are merely protecting yourself and potentially others.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

AnnaofRedwall

roll your eyes and ignore 'em

when they insult you, give 'em a 'really?' look and say, "That's the best you can do?"

laugh it off

if they say something like, "you're annoying!" smile sweetly and say, "really? thanks I try."

stock up on useful come backs!

there is this really mean kid at my school, I'm gonna call him Toad (not his real name). this guy delights in teasing me, or used to, that is.... I joined my current school midyear in 6th grade. we were correcting spelling tests and I got Toad's. he got all but, like, two wrong. I give him his test back after correcting it and he was like, "ew, Anna what did you do to my test?" I took it back and look it over and said sarcastically, "I showed the class what a good speller you are." his jaw just fell away from his face and head was totally dumbfounded.

another time, I proved him wrong about something, i can't remember what it was, and he said,"Do you know what, Annie, you are an annoying know-it-all who doesn't have any friends!" that made me mad, (note, this is in the middle of history class) I jump out of my chair and stalk over to him and say, "Well, maybe i can be a know-it-all, Toad(I called him by his real name there, not toad), But you're wrong! I have friends, a lot of friends. More then you, in fact." Toad was like, "they aren't you're friends." gesturing to my class mates. My friend Katherine says, "how would you know, Toad, since you're the one with out any friends!"
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Shadowed One

If some bully attacks you, fight back as long as you can. If you start to lose and they beat you up, tell an adult.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

I don't go to school so I thought I would never be bullied but I was at a dance class and this girl (I won't post her name) just targeted me I've always been Diffrent and people wouldn't talk to at the dance class but she just went for me  just because I wouldn't let her play with my phone I only wouldn't let her touch it because someone else's phone had already been mess around with and all sorts of bad messages were sent to the persons friends after I said "No" she just spent all evening doing anything she could to be mean we were at a show so I couldn't tell the teacher  but after the show I didn't think I'd see her again but at the next show rehearsal she was there and at me I told the teacher and she shouted at me  I told my dad and he made a complaint to the teacher after that I wasn't't bullied but the teacher then was mean to me and either ignored my or shouted at me I aske you I'd hadn't done anything after that I left the dance class and haven't gone to one since the only thing that helped me was my family and reading Redwall  :-[ :-X