News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[DISCUSSION] Cheese in Redwall

Started by Sailears, September 18, 2013, 09:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

Was just about to post a topic on the same matter no idea myself!  ???
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Many times throughout the series something called "greensap milk" was mentioned. They probably made cheese, butter etc. using that.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

That's probably it, Jukka!

BlueRose

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 27, 2013, 03:11:17 PM
^ Yeah, let's keep it at female characters probably fed their newly borns with their milk - but no more use of it than that!

Yes, let's please keep it at that. I'm not entirely sure that they would it. No offense meant to anybody, but that just sounds kinda gross to me.

Søren

I wonder what green sap cheese would taste like. :P

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

No!! it says in the series that they had goat cheese so they must have gotten that somehow.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jukka the Sling

The goat cheese was only mentioned in the first book, which also had other quirks like the horse and mentions of a town dog and piglets. Brian Jacques wasn't even planning to write a 22-book series at that point, so he hadn't hammered out all the details. And since he never mentioned those things again, I don't think goat cheese should be considered canon.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

SilentSam

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 15, 2014, 03:08:59 AM
The goat cheese was only mentioned in the first book, which also had other quirks like the horse and mentions of a town dog and piglets. Brian Jacques wasn't even planning to write a 22-book series at that point, so he hadn't hammered out all the details. And since he never mentioned those things again, I don't think goat cheese should be considered canon.
I agree. Most series do not make it to 22 books.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!