Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

The avatar upload should work fine; I just forgot to give members the permission to use it.

It should be fixed now.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

So I tried the avatar thing for a second and it worked, but it may be worth noting that it doesn't work with GIFs.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Quote from: Jet the binturong on May 10, 2016, 05:06:54 PM
So I tried the avatar thing for a second and it worked, but it may be worth noting that it doesn't work with GIFs.
Didn't on the old forum either.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

That is untrue. I had a GIF as my profile picture for the forum prom which I uploaded directly from my computer.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

Quote from: Jet the binturong on May 10, 2016, 11:30:29 PM
That is untrue. I had a GIF as my profile picture for the forum prom which I uploaded directly from my computer.
Animated gifs never worked when I uploaded them from my computer. They would appear, but only as a still frame. Thus, I always used URLs. It's way nicer for me to use URLs anyway, you don't get that lo-res look to all the profile pictures.

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Søren on May 11, 2016, 07:41:27 PM
Quote from: Jet the binturong on May 10, 2016, 11:30:29 PM
Animated gifs never worked when I uploaded them from my computer. They would appear, but only as a still frame. Thus, I always used URLs. It's way nicer for me to use URLs anyway, you don't get that lo-res look to all the profile pictures.

It must have been too big, then, because I remember seeing something about that once.

Fatch of Southsward

Despite being a supporter of the shout box, I must acknowledge it's removal has had a noticeable positive impact on pretty much all of the other boards.

It's a great feature, but I think the right decision was made on this one.  ;)
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

James Gryphon

All the joking aside, it's going to take some time for all of us who've been really active there to get used to it, I think. We'll give it some time, and see where we are.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

I'm a little disappointed that the shoutbox is gone, but at least activity will spike elsewhere, so that's good news!

What I'm really curious about is this new "Say Thanks" thing on posts.  Can anyone see a list who "liked" a post using that button?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

I believe it's right below each post.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

If you want to see a complete list, go to Profile -> Show Posts and there are two extra tabs for the thanked posts.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

Hickory

How can we access the Sishyposh thingy?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg