Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

*Applauds harder than the other two*
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Sebias of Redwall

*Applauds so loud that the thunder clouds get jealous.*

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Grey Coincidence

*So jealous it hits Sebias with lightning*

The Skarzs

This might not be the place for silly reactions, guys. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DanielofRedwall

Very much appreciate all the support guys, but that's enough applause for now. ;) As always, feel free to flick us any ideas you have!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tungro

Quick question,
Will member election be held for local moderators or will it be solely up to the current moderators?
I just thought it would be kind of fun to hold mock election/campaigns to make all the members feel like they are a part of the changes

Chipster of Noonvale

Quote from: Tungro on March 05, 2019, 12:36:14 PM
Quick question,
Will member election be held for local moderators or will it be solely up to the current moderators?
I just thought it would be kind of fun to hold mock election/campaigns to make all the members feel like they are a part of the changes
I have mixed feelings about that.  From one point of view, it would be nice to let the members elect the moderators, but there were some mock elections for "Cellars president" a few years back, and it was a real big mess.  The losing candidate ended up leaving the forum soon afterwards.

The Grey Coincidence

Er... Well... Considering that I'm tempted to just let the admins decide- I mean personally I trust their decision making more than... Some other people.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on March 05, 2019, 05:30:50 PM
Er... Well... Considering that I'm tempted to just let the admins decide- I mean personally I trust their decision making more than... Some other people.
Yep. I agree.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Hmm, while you have a valid point, I don't really think any of the active members would react that way. But what do I know, I have only been here a few months. In the end I am fine with both, just an interesting idea.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on March 05, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
I have mixed feelings about that.  From one point of view, it would be nice to let the members elect the moderators, but there were some mock elections for "Cellars president" a few years back, and it was a real big mess.  The losing candidate ended up leaving the forum soon afterwards.
I'm almost completely certain that's not the reason they left.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tungro

Chipster of Noonvale

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 05, 2019, 06:48:45 PM
I'm almost completely certain that's not the reason they left.
I didn't say this was the reason, although the timing was suspicious.

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on March 05, 2019, 05:30:50 PMI mean personally I trust their decision making more than... Some other people.
Agreed :-\