News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

the 'what if' game

Started by Vulpin, August 02, 2011, 10:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Then there would have been no poem for Rillbrook's father to show him (as his father showed him as his Auntie Bangtail showed him... ;))
Not very well thought out, but I haven't read that one in a while. :-[

What if Rose had lived?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Redwall Musician

This would have happened.

What if Rake was an otter?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

He widae been part o' the Rogue Crew.

What if Zalamandastron became an active volcano again?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Then the current badger lord, as well as all of the hares, would be out of a home. Then the badger lord (or lady) would go into the bloodwrath and get majorly ticked off.

What if HiaG actually stopped talking a mix of Highlander and Monitor accents?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

I started writing this before Nightfire's response, and it seems a waste of time to just throw it away, so I figured I'd post it anyway.

---

Countless seasons after The Rogue Crew, when the names of legendary conquerors like Cluny the Scourge, Ferahgo the Assassin, and Damug Warfang had long since been forgotten, the Sword of Martin had become mere mythology, and even Redwall Abbey had long eroded away, the final Badger Lord of the Mountain of the Fire Lizards passed on, alone, entombed with his fathers.

Salamandastron remained unoccupied, but none of the sea vermin who passed by dared to near it, for not long after its master's death, the mountain had begun to glow brighter than they had ever seen it before, and ever would again. A geologist might have predicted the crisis ahead, but the uneducated masses who would be affected by it knew nothing of the technical details.

Late one evening, it finally happened. The earth shook and the night sky was lit up as bright as daytime. Salamandastron violently erupted, expelling countless tons of materials to the nearby shores, killing everything within twenty miles, and notably altering the world's climate for about four seasons.

With time, the land recovered. Salamandastron became known for its lava flow, and for being a useful source for minerals, many of which the eruption had revealed. The treasures, tools, and graves of its former rulers, however, remained forever buried and inaccessible by any beast who still remembered their existence.

---

As far as Nightfire's question, I don't think it would really change all that much... I can understand it fine myself. If there was some molespeak thrown in there, then it might become a problem.

What if the corsairs and monitors on Waveworm managed to tolerate each other long enough to sail back to Sampetra?
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

Then Matin II and his little band would be an a LOT of trouble.

(sorry, I'm not that eloquent.) ;)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflor

what if dannflor died in the tunnel
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Icefire

I would have cried  :'( Dann's to awesome to kill!

What if the Swifteyes had been Swiftears instead?

btw welcome to the forum, Dannflor!

Dannflor

Thank you ice fire I seem to love this website

What if sollitree was evil

Icefire

Dann, Song, Dip, and Burb would probably have all lost their lives as they would have been easy targets under that boat.

You didn't answer my question!

What if the Swifteyes had been Swiftears instead?

Dannflor

I would have laughed my head off

would if the swifteyes never came to redwall and dann lived in mossflower

Tiria Wildlough

They would have needed a new badger Lord.
What if Cregga had not been blinded by Damug?
(Sorry, I'm full of questions about Cregga!) ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflor

she would have seen redwall

would if brian never wrote the books :'(

Tiria Wildlough

You would not have asked that question. :D
What if Ranguvar Foeseeker had not died?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

Traveling a ways distance after the destruction of Goreleech, Ranguvar happened to stumble across the army of Badrang the stoat, who intended to begin styling himself as a tyrant.

Going into a berserk rage, Ranguvar fought Badrang's army, nearly killing the Tyrant, but was ultimately killed in the effort.

Because of this, many seasons later, Badrang felt a certain sense of deja vü when Felldoh offered up his challenge, and thus prudently declined the duel. Thus, the mad squirrel continued his guerilla campaign up until Martin's army stormed Marshank. Fully consumed with Bloodwrath, Felldoh ran down the Tyrant and violently killed him, thus saving Rose's life in the process.

Martin and company returned in peace to Noonvale, and the warrior mouse soon married Laterose. They had two children and lived happily ever after.

Meanwhile, down in Mossflower Woods, Gonff, the Prince of Mousethieves succeeded in escaping Kotir with the help of the Corim. Bella of Brockhall asked the mouse for a favor: to go on a quest to Salamandastron and bring back her father, Boar the Fighter, to deliver Mossflower from Tsarmina's tyranny.

Gonff accepted the request and went on the journey, taking Dinny the Mole with him. After many trials, and after meeting Log-a-Log Big Club, they finally reached Salamandastron. Boar welcomed them, and forged two very fine daggers for Gonff, each one made out of the metal of a falling comet, invulnerable and incredibly sharp.

After fighting Ripfang's horde, Gonff and his party took control of Bloodwake and returned to Mossflower. With help from the veteran warrior Timballisto, the Corim constructed a catapult that destroyed Kotir. Tsarmina Greeneyes fled to the North, back to her grandfather Mortspear's domain, in the hopes of claiming the kingdom or whatever remains of it might exist.

After the Loamhedge mice built Redwall Abbey, Gonff went on several thieving journeys, capturing such prizes as the Doomwyte jewels in the process. After he died, his daggers remained in his family for a time, but were eventually left at Redwall Abbey, in the gatehouse.

Dandin acquired them, along with his ancestor's flute, and wielded them to great effect during his journeys with Mariel. What became of them is unknown.

Many seasons later, Redwall was besieged by the great warlord Cluny the Scourge. Matthias, a young mouse who greatly admired Redwall's legendary hero, Gonff, went on several thieving journeys, helping demoralize Cluny's horde. The most valuable and important item he stole was Cluny's own war helmet.

Around this time, the Shadow attempted to open up Redwall's gates, but Matthias became aware of this by the help of the spirit of Gonff, and helped prevent the creature from succeeding.

In the midst of yet another attempt to besiege Redwall, this time by siege tower, the infamous Scourge was killed by a very well-thrown stone from the young mouse's sling.

Like his hero, Matthias became known as a carefree, adventurous mouse. Not content with the life of the Redwall Order, he went on some journeys around the country. In his most famous one, he met the Guosim, who informed him that an evil adder, Asmodeus, was devouring shrews around the country. With Matthias's help, they eventually found a way to kill the evil adder Asmodeus. Eventually he returned to Redwall, married Cornflower and had a son, named Mattimeo.

Slagar the Cruel, masquerading himself as Lunar Stellaris, came to Redwall Abbey. However, Matthias' sharp vision caught sight of the fox slipping sleeping draught into the Redwallers' drinks. The fox and his crew were summarily taken care of.

Eventually Mattimeo had a son of his own, Matthias II. This Matthias participated in the rescue of Abbot Durral from the Corsairs of Sampetra.
« Subject to editing »