The Heroes of Redwall: The Return of Zanzuthari Deathhound

Started by AbbotAlf0809, February 21, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0809

The personal recordings of Abbot Amaru, successor of Abbot Slusk,

This is the winter of the Warmed Hearth, the Abbey has just began their winter festivities as the fire in Cavern Hole is never dying. We have heard nothing of Davidari since his warriors left our abbey three seasons ago after liberating Southsward from The Empire. Although, not to long ago a smuggler mentioned the Knight Tribe to Jag in Agutrot. The Wildfires have continued to live at Redwall with they're two children. Dari the Bat has made a few occasional visits to the abbey but mostly stays to himself. Leading his tribe of bats. Chelonia has become an honorary abbey member as she comes to visit us all of the time. She owns a house however in Agutrot and I think she is some sort of rogue. Muchlik, ah Muhlik, where to begin? Muchlik has been on several adventures since the events in Southsward but is now the Chieftain of Noonvale. My homeland of Jima has been faring well now that my older brother Wataru is the Shogun. I personally enjoy abbey life, even if I'm the first ever fox to join the abbey more or less become Abbot. But enough about me, on to more pressing matters. The Guosim have been seen in great numbers lately in war parties. Chelonia brings word that the Trident Syndicate has been skirmishing with both The Kingdom of Jima, The Guosim, and the hares of the Long Patrol. What is the Trident Syndicate you ask? A motley alliance of the foulest criminals and killers in Mossflower. Together they consist of the Corsair Republic, a The Smugglers Union, and The Bounty Hunters Guild. probably no concern though, thy are to terribly rag tag for an organized invasion. I do wish to hear from Davidari soon though. I would love to add some facts about the Knight Tribe to my collection.
-Abbot Amaru, Son of Shogun Sandokhan

Leatho Shellhound

The bright morning sun shone through the trees Muchlik the Warrior walked toward the ford of the river moss. He had left his people in good hands as he went forth to visit the Abbey after many long seasons. Or that is what he told him self. At the back of his mind he had other reasons, he had a small but longing hope that Chelonia would be there or near by. He also hoped to learn some news about his good friend Davidari, whom he haden't heard from since last time they had both been at the abbey.

He sood on the edge of the ford, his horsehair-crested helmet in his arm. The water cooled down his foot paws as he waded through. It wasn't long till the great bell tower was seen above the trees. His hopes grew ever more desperate at the site.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

Dari was settling nicely into his new responsibilities as batlord, though he was never the responsible sort, as anyone could say. The mountpit was flourishing now, and he was thinking of bringing moles back from Redwall to help dig new tunnels. He made his mind up on the spot.
"Rex!" he said, flying off to find his second-in-command.
Rex opened a bleary eye at Dari, "It is morning, Milord."
"Yes, I know." Dari said impatiently, "That is because I'm traveling to Redwall. I'll be getting moles to help with expanding the pit. I'll be away several days, you're in charge until I get back."
He flew to an exit and winged out in the direction of Redwall.

OOC: I'll write my other characters when I have more time.

AbbotAlf0809

Abbot Amaru sat by the fire looking out of the window at the snow covered courtyard of Redwall Abbey. He sat and waited for the return of one of their scavenging parties. They were out looking for firewood and food for the Abbey for they were strangely running a little low. He then began to write a letter to his dear friend, Captain Jallek Sparra. He had not seen his good friend Jallek in monthes and the last he heard if him was when Chelona brought a rumor that he was arrested by the Jimanesse Navy for illegal smuggling.

Miharig Itav, some call him the lizard of Hellgates while others just call him straight up creepy. He was a cold blooded assassin who was never seen without leaving the beast dead or perminantly crippled. He and his two initiates had found the body of Imperial General Grenn. The rival of Davidari the Warroir.  They had traveled for weeks by the time they reached the far north. They had travelled so far north the Myrandalian Scouts that had been tracking then turned around saying it was to cold. Miharig and his men reached the top of a hill where a large castle like structure was build. It was built of complete black and the windows were red as blood. He banged on the great gates and yelled, "Open up!! Your Nightshade demands it!" As soon as he spoke the gates were opened. "come men, General Grenn's legacy is not yet over..."

W0NWILL

Lassus stared at his two captors, hating them, and his stupidity, very, very much. He had been caught a few sunrises before, and been a slave of sorts since.
"A'ight, rabbit, yew kin cook, can't yew?" a crude-looking fox said, poking Lassus none too gently with his claw.
"I am a Mara." Lassus corrected, "There is a difference. A very big one."
The weasel hit him over the head, "Shuddup! We says yew kin cook, yew kin cook! Build a fire and get too it!"
Lassus made a face, but decided it wasn't worth the pain to object. He reluctantly began shuffling to the end of his rope to gather tinder.

The Shade

Through the snow-swept trees of Mossflower a lone figure strolled, not in any particular direction, obviously lost.

Welkin Smokefurr stared at the seemingly endless trees, growling as he realized he'd just walked in a huge circle. This was hopeless! Where in the name of hellsteeth was the path? Surely he'd been past that cluster of pine trees before...

And so the lost warrior wandered, unaware he was moving closer to Redwall Abbey.

Several hours later, Welkin became aware of a huge structure in front of him. He pulled his ragged cloak closer, and ran towards it. What was this, some sort of castle? No matter, civilization meant warmth! Finally reaching it, he saw he had also bundered onto the main path, unaware of it. Drawing the last of his energy, he reached the main gate, and proceeded to start banging on it.

"Hello? Let me in!" he yelled, noting his body temperature had dropped drastically.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

AbbotAlf0809

The fairly young newly appointed, Badgermum Rose opened the latch on the main gate peering out at the newcomer through the new and ice. "You may I ask are you?" The badger said shivering in the bitter cold. The snow was impeccable and she could hardly bear it.

Davidari the Warroir had just woken up after having an extended night with his wife, the Lady Hylia. He walked to the large window on his overlook to see his vast tribe, a civilization build into the side of cliffs. He soon as he had gotten ready for his day, he threw on his large coat and headed out into the snow covered tribe. "Quite a windy day huh Mycroft?" Davidari said to his Captain of the Guard. "Indeed it is m'lord. But sir, we have something to report." Mycroft replied, "There were black robed beasts commercing to the old Abbey up north."

The Shade

Welkin shivered, and attempted to answer through chattering teeth.

"I'm... traveling warrior... can't find a place to stay..."

The young wildcat was suddenly worried; Would they even let him in? His muscular build and obvious sword didn't help, and he had heard in some areas certain creatures were regarded as "vermin"... did wildcats fall under that category? He would soon find out.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

AbbotAlf0809

Badgermum Rose gasped, "Oh you poor creature! Come in come in!" She opened the gate and helped the wildcat in. "Please come with me and I will get you to a fire." She said leading him into Cavern Hole.
Abbot Amaru eyed the stranger, "Who is this fellow Rose?" Rose got Welkin a blanket and replied as she sat him down, "This poor wildcat was left out I'm the cold freezing to death. We have to let him stay!"
Abbot Amaru nodded, "Of course he can stay! We have several wildcats that stay at the abbey as a matter a fact."

Norham Waterpaw

Wisp watched as Welkin walked through the main gate. He didn't envy him, for he had his own warmth. He lit a small fire in his paw, and held it near his chest. He stood against a yew tree, careful to keep his lit paw away from it.

He looked down at the ground. They would never accept him, he was a Pine Marten, a "vermin".
He snuffed out his fire and kept walking.

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

W0NWILL

And-of course-they were expecting a fire in a wet snowy woodland. Lassus finally just broke a couple of twigs from a low-hanging branch moodily.
"You expect me to build a fire in the snow?" Lassus asked, "That is not possible!"

All this was several days ago, and the slavers were making Lassus cook what he could as they pressed down the path that could only be seen for its lack of trees.
"I jus' thought," the fox said to the weasel suddenly, "The rabbit isn't a abbeybeast. 'e don't wear the right clothes. 'Ow kin we 'old 'im fer ransom?"
The weasel whacked his companion over the head with his spear, "T'ick'ead!" He said, "Yew want ever'beast tew 'ear yew?"
"But why ain't we kidnappin' a abbeybeast?" the fox persisted.
The weasel made a strained noise and leaped upon the fox, beating him with his spear. They scuffled in the snow, and Lassus set to work.

The spells wouldn't last too long. He had three minutes, at most. Lassus raised his paws and chewed at the rope binding his paws together, and unbound the one around his footpaws. He ran quickly down the path in the same direction the vermin had been going. If he found this abbey, he could get some new supplies and be on his way.

Jetthebinturong

A large cart trundled through the snow, it was pulled by seemingly no one but voices could be heard emanating from it

"....and that was how we escaped the Flitchaye" an old bat had just finished telling a tale to his traveling companions. A young weasel rolled her eyes "Pretty full o' yerself ain't ya Dusk?" the bat rounded on her "And how pray tell do you come to that conclusion my dear Treestalker?"
"Well" she replied "from yore story it was yew that got us outta there when we was captured but it weren't quite like that, were it Vadis?" A dark furred otter in a blue tunic shook his head
"No it wasn't. As I recall it was Kalayo who set us free by burning through the ropes"
"Aye" said a fox "and it was Duniya who distracted the guards by throwing stones, not you Dusk" The bat looked flustered "Alright, alright maybe there were a few minor embellishments to make myself look more important but doesn't everyone do that?" A grey furred otter sitting at the back of the cart chuckled "No my shortsighted friend, there's only you that does that" a female otter in a purple dress laughed
"You're one to talk Murlo Streamhound, if I remember correctly you'll tell anyone who comes to the holt that you single-handedly fought off that vermin band who attacked us last season when there were at least ten others with you" Dusk smiled as Murlo went red
"Hypocrite" he said jokingly

A particularly strong gust of wind ripped through the group, putting out a torch held by the fox and chilling them all to the bone. Vadis shivered "Light another fire Kalayo, before we freeze to death" The fox shook his head
"Me aura's spent Vad, couldn't light another if me life depended on it, 'sides the wind's picked up, it'd just keep going out"
"Unfortunately" said Duniya, throwing up her hood "yore life does depend on it. Dusk can't you keep the wind away?"
"Don't look at me young missie" replied the bat "I need to concentrate on keeping this cart going"
Vadis wrapped his cloak around himself "We need to find some shelter" he said, his teeth chattering "or we'll be goners before the day's out" Dusk nodded
"Redwall abbey isn't far from here, I'll get us there before we perish, never fear" the bat spoke with a confidence that he did not feel.
    The cart and it's occupants traveled onward towards Redwall, unaware of the dark shape that flitted through the trees behind them.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

AbbotAlf0809

Davidari had begun to pack his things as he prepared to travel to Redwall Abbey.
"Why must you go Davi?" Asked his wife Hylia. She was pregnant with their second child. Their first child, Saria, drag her fathers large black trench coat to him, "Ere yew go dawdy!" Davidari smiled and patted her child on the head saying, "I'll be back before you know it Saria." Saria hugged her dad and said, "I wuv yew dawdy!"
"I love you too Saria," he replied putting on his trench coat. He kissed his wife and left his palace. He sent Captain Mycroft and his troops to investigate the old Blackstone Abbey, then began his trudge through the snow south towards Redwall Abbey.

Miharig drug the body of General Grenn to the inner sanctum where there were several dark robed figured sitting in a large circle. There was a dark and ominous spirit within the room as he threw the body before the hooded figures. "Here is a soul of equal strength. Alpha Gamma Alpha." Said Miharig kneeling before the figures. The robed beasts parted for a larger crimson robed figure stepped forth wearing an evil twisted mask. "This soul is not strong enough..." he hissed, "I shall however try my best to work with this one. The ordeal may be completed. You are dismissed Nightshade...."
Miharig bowed, "Yes Abbot Foh....

W0NWILL

Clayclaw hurried as fast as he could, floundering through the snow, trying to catch up to his general.
"Zurr!" he called when Davidari was in earshot, "Oi thinked you'm carn't be gooing aloone!"

Rainshadow

Jag sat on a wooden beam above the Great Hall, putting his black paw into the colourful light of the stained glass and playing with it.  No matter how old he got, the glass was still fun to sit by.  He remembered seasons ago when he'd first arrived at Redwall, one of the first things he'd noticed was the stained glass.  The amazing patterns had awed him; they still did.

"Jag?" a feminine voice called from below.  The tom looked down to find a familiar black she-cat watching him.  "Jag, come on down from there, please!  Talon and Holm have been playing in the mud again and I need you to help me get them in the tub."

The white and black cat nodded and let out a small sigh before throwing down his rope.  That rope had been there since the season after he'd come to the abbey; he'd begged the Abbot to let him put it up so he could sit in the rafters and think.  Now it had become a permanent addition to Great Hall, complete with a peg to hang it on, just above the reach of Dibbuns.

Climbing down, Jag planted his footpaws on the cold stone floor and wrapped the rope around the peg before turning to give Shadow a light peck on the cheek.  "Where're the kits now?"

Shadow took his paw and jerked her head towards the dormitories.  Then both walked quickly to relieve poor Sister Mayzie, who was soaked from head to tail.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!