News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Insanity...?

Started by Wylder Treejumper, April 06, 2014, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

So... I don't know that I am entirely sane. For example, I was playing chess with myself and I made a bad move. I walked to the other side, realized the bad move, and said, "Hah! You fool!" Then I realized I was playing chess with myself. Also, sometimes, I have arguments with myself.

Final question: If going insane is fun... Should I really care?

So... Are all of you sane? Do you care?

I can think of one person here I know is not.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

\_____/
   O \  / O
   ______
  /          \
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

What is that? I'm assuming it's a devil face...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I'm almost certainly insane, I haven't asked a medical professional about it though so who knows?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 06, 2014, 12:30:47 AM
A deformed angry face.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Mister Cheese

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same thing... over and over again, expecting... stuff to change... That. Is. Crazy.

It was paraphrased a little but bonus points to the person who knows what's that from haha

Rainshadow

Well, let's just say I'm crazy enough that, while everyone else was gone, I played on Skyrim and started talking to the characters in the game in a Khajiit accent, trying to act like my character.  I'd also make off comments and taunt foes.  And I said quite often how much I hated Dwemer ruins.  Ugh, those constructs are terrible!

(Now that the meaning of insanity has been refreshed in my mind (thanks to Mister Cheesy), I realize that I am, in fact, insane, especially when it comes to Skyrim.  I will constantly go into crypts and such, fighting the same enemies over and over and over until I finally either finish it or do a rage quit.  So... yeah.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Quote from: Mister Cheese on April 06, 2014, 02:49:04 AM
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same thing... over and over again, expecting... stuff to change... That. Is. Crazy.

It was paraphrased a little but bonus points to the person who knows what's that from haha

Albert Einstein said that, right?

Rusvul

Insanity... If you define insanity as such, then I am, in fact, quite sane. If something fails, mess around a little, and try again. But I don't think in the same way a lot of people do- nor do most people laugh hysterically for no reason other than that there is no reason for them to be laughing hysterically- that, of course, is hysterically funny, and so I keep laughing.

The Skarzs

Hmm. . .
I think everyone has had some bit of insanity; trying over and over again is such.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 06, 2014, 02:45:50 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on April 06, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
A deformed angry face.
Is it your face?
You deserve death.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Mister Cheese on April 06, 2014, 02:49:04 AM

Quoted from the Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper "Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" so it's a reference to the Big Bang Theory AND Albert Einstein
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 06, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
Hmm. . .
I think everyone has had some bit of insanity; trying over and over again is such.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 06, 2014, 02:45:50 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on April 06, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
A deformed angry face.
Is it your face?
You deserve death.
It's a completely legitimate question! I have no idea what a troll's face looks like!