Battles Of Redwall RP Series: Napoleonic Battle at The Meadows Of St. Ninian

Started by Blaggut, November 19, 2014, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Many years ago, St. Ninian traveled the land too spread peace and friendship across a wartorn place known as Redthorn Forest, which was more of a scrubland then forest. In his honor, a large area of meadows was named after him.

Two hundred years later, Redthorn is almost more brutal then before, with the invention of the cannon, musket, and grenade. The Bandits Of Redthorn (Lead by Izeroth) patrol their territory, and run directly into an army of squirrels, coming out of the forest. The battle will be brutal, bloody, and horrific, but both sides think they will make short order of the other. Until then- the horns have sounded!

Ooc: Ok, the squirrels are coming out of the forest leading into some meadows. Their artillery are veteran and are on the left side of a rag-tag firing line, quickly made. They have three cannons. Right behind the line are some grenadiers. On the vermin side- scrubland filled with logs inhibits retreat but also could provide cover. The vermin have already raised their muskets and a few charge with their bayonets raised; as they were unloaded and muskets take almost a full minute too load. They outnumber the squirrels by half but are less trained and have one cannon, and a handful of grenadiers. I'll post where everyone is in a second, I need to think :P
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

Ooc: We don't have an woodlanders/goodbeasts, so can you be a squirrel today Conrad?
~Just a soft space boi~

Izeroth

Captain Friedrich Grostt stood on a small hill that overlooked the meadow, watching the battle unfold. His army was a ragtag group, composed mostly of former soldiers. Friedrich himself was ex-military, having served in the army of a wealthy count for ten seasons.

"Tear der squirrels to pieces!" The red fox barked at his soldiers; "Ve must ensure dat dey are too veakened to ever threaten us again!"

The captain took out his eyeglass and observed the movements of the squirrels. They were a small group, from what he could see, but they were very well trained. Their identical uniforms, their rigid discipline, and their tight formations all showed they were soldiers proper.

They are impressive, he thought to himself, but they will need more than pretty uniforms and good formation to overcome my soldiers.

LT Sandpaw

OOC so I can join in right as a officer I want to make sure before I jump in.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Izeroth

OOC: You may be an officer, but remember that you are under my command. Also, replace your chainmail tunic with some sort of coat. (Metal armor is useless against guns anyway)

Conrad the Painless

Quote from: Blaggut on November 19, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
Ooc: We don't have an woodlanders/goodbeasts, so can you be a squirrel today Conrad?

OCC: That can be arranged!

BIC: Alonso Backfire flicked his bushy tail briskly. He stood along what one would call a "sloppy firing line". Alonso leaned ever-so-slightly to look down the line of solders dressed just like himself. His attention turned to the group of vermin charging at them from across the field. Although they were still quite far away, he can see their shining bayonets dancing in the sun as they screamed. Sweat ran through his fur, more at the heat of the day rather than the enemy. Alonso felt the two small, twin-barrel pistols at either side of his waist. I'll use my musket for now, but it won't last long...
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

LT Sandpaw

Battle fire filled Casta's heart as he stood with his platoon on the army's left flank the order had gone out to charge. Surprised by this Casta's fertile brain raced hoping to show himself worthy of being a lieutenant.
"Forward line, support the left we will hold them there." He yelled out to rats and ferrets under his command. Drawing his saber Casta charged with the others yelling just as loud as any veteran fighter. He wasn't about to be branded as a coward in his first battle.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Hastigeth watched the thundering of the enemy cannon with alarm, he stood at the head of the a small group of various woodlanders just off the right flank in a cluster of trees out of the sight of the enemy. He saw the vermin charge and waited for the right moment to spring the trap.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Friedrich watched with pleasure as Casta's line went charging across the field. Casta hadn't proven himself in any battles yet, but from what the red fox had seen of him during drills, he looked to be a competent leader. If the pine marten survived the battle, Friedrich would give him a good share of the loot.

Seeing that the first line was sufficiently far across the field, Friedrich yelled the order for the second line to advance. They did so with surprising uniformity for a group of vermin, and the captain couldn't help being impressed.

Delthion

The lynx strode out just in front of the band intrusted to him: "Now is the day we march to the sound of death's trumpets! But let no beast falter, for it is on this day that the fate of the world hangs in the balance! We fight to put an end to vermin tyranny! Let no beast say of his neighbor that he did not fight to his fullest on this day! For it is on this day that swords will be broken, spears will be snapped, and the will of beasts will nearly crumble." With this he silently led the charge on the vermin's left flank.

OOC: Or the goodbeasts right.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Conrad the Painless

Alonso shuddered as he heard the war cries and threats draw closer. Suddenly, an explosion followed by a fountain of dirt arose just out of range of the goodbeasts' formation. In retaliation, two cannons on the left discharged their load. There was a quick whistle of the balls of pure iron met their mark. Along the left line of the charge, the enemy became airborne. Muskets and swords clattered on the soft grass, followed shortly by their owners. Alonso glanced to the small grove of trees and saw the Lynx readying to attack  what remained of the the left side of the charge. Squirrels at the cannons clattered their teeth nervously, making Alonso wonder if their was a second charge that he could not see.  
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Izeroth

"Hellgates!" Friedrich yelled to no one in particular. This battle was not going as he had planned; he had hoped the squirrels would've gotten closer to the artillery. Time to take things into my own paws.

The red fox drew his saber and mustered the artillery crew and grenadiers gathered below him. "Charge!"

Delthion

The band of goodbeasts fell on the vermin's flank with vigor. All the while screaming their warcries and giving no quarter, Hastigeth had strode out in front of the rest of the band and fired his pistol a few times before falling on the vermin with his sword. Now, the battle hangs in the balance. He thought grimly as he continued to hack through vermin leaving carcasses wherever he went.

Izeroth

Rodil, a grey rat with only one ear and a half, was leading the second line. On his orders, the line charged towards the main group of squirrels.

The soldiers discharged their muskets when they got close. The blast produced such a great quantity of smoke that they could not see ahead of themselves, but they knew their volley had been successful by the yowls of wounded beasts and the thump of bodies falling to the ground. Seeing the damage they ha wrought; the vermin, grinning savagely, drew their bayonets and charged forward.

Conrad the Painless

Alonso ducked as he saw the dreaded vermin discharge their firearms. Around him, his comrades feel with a thud, their faces still frozen in reaction from the impact. Not a moment was wasted as Alonso began to hear the connection between bayonet and rifle. Time seemed to move in slow-motion as his head swiveled around. Cannons are too close to fire, four bodies all about, smoke is clearing.... he thought to himself. Suddenly, a rat thrusts with his bayonet from the cover of the gunpowder smoke. Alonso reacted quickly, as any squirrel would, knocking the musket out of the way with his own then firing into the face of the enemy. Before the defeated rat even landed, Alonso was discarding the long weapon and unholstering the ones from his sides. The twin-barreled pocket pistols glinted in the sunlight through the smoky haze. His paw grasped them tightly as he began to fire into the smoke.