News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Last post wins II

Started by James Gryphon, December 19, 2014, 12:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

I find your lack of victory disturbing.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

I win because I published a 'M' rated fanfic yesterday!
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

That is no victory. That is a grievous defeat. I would do no such thing should my life depend on it...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

Huehuehuehue! I win because my journal contains secrets!
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Russa Nodrey

I win 'cause I have fingers!
Freddy

Rainshadow

I win because I broke my clarinet today and I have a concert next Friday.  Dx  WHYYY, CLARINET?!  WHY MUST YOU JOIN YOUR BRETHREN IN BEING BROKEN?!  (Seriously, I have three clarinets (well, technically I have one, but my brother's two are basically mine as well), and now all three of them are broken.  One can't play the G#/Ab above middle C (that's the one I have to use now), one has split cork and can't play below middle C or above the register key (that's the one I just broke), and one just can't play at all (it has a bunch of things that are messed up with it).  My clarinets are terrible.  I want a new one.  WHY CAN'T ADVANCED CLARINETS BE CHEAP?!?!)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Just get another cork!. Although...how come it can't play below middle C? Clarinets can play both clefs can't they?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Luftwaffles

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Lady Ashenwyte

I win cuz I listened to a Taylor Swift marathon last night!

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on May 10, 2015, 03:33:52 AM
you wot m8? i r8 1/8

*Throws pommel at Mask* I win because I ended him rightly!

The Mask

Taylor used to be a decent singer before turned into a psychopath.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on May 10, 2015, 09:20:22 AM
Taylor used to be a decent singer before turned into a psychopath.

Still. Fabulous. (For lack of better wording.)

Rainshadow

Quote from: The Mask on May 10, 2015, 02:45:56 AM
Just get another cork!. Although...how come it can't play below middle C? Clarinets can play both clefs can't they?

Yeah, my mom called around and found out that my band teacher's daughter has cork, so she can fix it on Thursday.  Then, this next Friday, my brother's friend from band (they played trumpet together) said he could take my brother's two clarinets (the two that are actually entire clarinets (a Bundy and a Pruefer, if I remember correctly), not random parts from different companies that are just stuck together) and fix them for me.

That clarinet (the Bundy) can't play below middle C because of the missing cork.  I don't know much about the inner workings of clarinets, but I'd assume it has something to do with the fact that a lot of air is escaping through the cracks, making it impossible to play notes that require the lower joint.

What do you mean, "clarinets can play both clefs"?  Did you mean "clef", "octave", or something else?  Because Bb clarinets (the type I play) are treble clef instruments, as well as Eb, but bass clarinets play the bass clef.  Bb clarinets have a wide range, though.  At least on my beginner I can go from low E (the E below middle C) to high F (the F above high C (also known as the note that I can never recognize because it's hiding waaaaayyyyy up in the rafters of the staff :P)).  Granted, high F (or is it double high F?  I can never remember) sounds hideous because, well, I have a beginner clarinet, but I can still hit it with relative ease.

Oh, and by the way, I win.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Oh sorry, what I meant was that below middle c is technically just high in bass clef. So I was a bit surprised that it couldn't go down there.