The Last Champion, A Riddle and a Promise (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, April 03, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan backed up until she was on land, sitting with her back against a rock, "You otters, I don't see what's so fun about swimming. It's hard, and you could drown!" She complained as she opened her book and took out a pencil, writing happily in her own little world.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Leaping as high as he could Cailoh came down with a splash flicking water on several elders. Bobbing to the surface his fur bedraggled and wet he ginned cheekily at Liko and Rowan.

"It is a little chilly ain't it, I don't suppose you would want to get in Rowan. You'd get dragged down by that big fluff ball you call a tail." He teased splashing water at Liko.

A group of dibbuns had joined them in the pond a little ways away merrily splashing and paddling in the shallows. No beast was aware of the dark presence that lurked among the ponds underwater residents.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan lept up, putting her book away once more, "Ooh, no I wouldn't!" She argued, "I can prove it, too!" She called as she set her beloved book on the grass and started inching into the water. She gasped slightly at how cold it was, but was determined to prove she could swim even though she couldn't. Besides, Liko wouldn't let her drown, she knew he wouldn't. She was shoulder deep now, staring down into the dark waters of the pond, becoming frozen with terror. What was she doing? She couldn't swim! She tried going back to the shallows, where she would feel safe, but panicked and thrashed around in the water, going deeper into the pond until it was up to her chin.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

With the occasional cheer and encouraging word Cailoh watched his friend begin to inch farther out into the pond. Treading water the mouse paddled close to her slightly miffed that she could still stand and he couldn't. Seeing her starting to panic he pulled away slightly not wanting her to grab him.

"You gotta relax chum, don't thrash about like that. Take deep breathes and lay on your back." He advised.

Hickory

Liko popped up next to Cai, watching Rowan make here way deeper into the pond. He advised, "It'd be better if you use your arms to keep yourself from drifting to the side. Once you get to a point when your feet can't touch bottom, kick underneath you and they'll bouy you up."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan tried listening to the advice, splashing back to the shallows. When she made it back to the shallows where the water was only up to her knees, she stopped panicking and turned triumphantly to Cailoh, "See, I told you I could swim!" She said, forgetting that her paws hadn't even left the ground.

LT Sandpaw

Following Rowan until she was nearly clear of the water Cailoh nodded with her proclamation.

"Aye and soon we'll have you as good as Liko." He joked climbing out of the water and shaking his fur dry. The habit was soaked and a lost cause but the sun would quickly dry it.

At that moment the fat little friar Aldren banged two pans together making a loud clash.

"Come and get it the food is ready." He called loudly. Cailoh jumped up racing off towards the friar yelling back at Liko and Rowan.

"Save a seat for me I have to help serve."

Hickory

Liko picked up his bag, which had fallen off when he ran to the pond. Putting it over his shoulder, he nodded affirmative to Cai. "Sure, mate. I'd love to. Hey Rowan, why don't go help the table setters."

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan stood up, racing to the tables, "I'd love to." She called as she began to help.

Hickory

Liko began too wish he hadn't asked. He spent the rest of the time unfolding tablecloths, selecting utensils  for the table, and setting out clay plates and bowls. It was made worse by the fragrent aromas of the food wafting over to him.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan set the table, glancing at the tempting food.

OOC: are we going to be doing a time jump? I'm not sure how to describe Rowan setting a table...

Hickory

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Not really, there's going to be a little bit of excitement first.

BIC: Having been given the task of passing out the bread loaves Cailoh was doing just that. Walking around he would pull one from the platter and hand the loaf to each creature. The dibbuns had yet to sit down, running about waving spoons like swords and dodging about under the tables.

All but one. The last was a young water vole only a few seasons old still playing in the water. He was splashing about in the deeper end of the shallows being more adept at swimming then his fellows. It was only by chance that Cailoh saw what happened next.

With a flash of silver a small pikefish shot up from the depths of the pond latching onto the vole's footpaw, the fish dragged the small creature under the surface with hardly a sound. Propelling strongly the pike pulled itself and it's small prey under the water with hardly a ripple on the surface.

"Hey!" Cailoh yelled leaving off handing the Abbot his loaf and sprinting towards the water. "A big fish!" He yelled again unsure how to describe what had just happened. Hesitating on the edge the young mouse could still see the shape of the pike dragging the vole under.

Without another second of indecision Cailoh dived into the pond swimming downward his eyes narrowed.

OOC: The pike is small for its kind but still big, I'm going to need Liko by the water in a few posts ;)

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan gasped, racing to the pond and standing at the edge. She peered into the water, not daring to go in it, though.

Hickory

Like heard the shouts of dismay and immediately located them to be near the pond. He dashed to the water, taking in the situation at a glance. With not a single backward glance in dived in after Cai, searching for the fish. The otter caught sight of a glint of silver, the pike's  scales!. Liko swan deeper, heading toward the stream of bubbles denoting the vole's location.