News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Gotta Get Along...

Started by Ashleg, April 29, 2015, 03:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Rowanoak hadn't heard Raventail's derisive comment but glanced at him suspiciously as the two beasts made their way to the Main Gate.

The old badger soon realized that a hare was standing outside, and felt a dull thud in her chest as she was reminded of her old friend, Ballaw. Swallowing, she walked up to the gate, keeping herself observant to Raventail's actions as well. Ah, the work of a badgermum!

"Who are you?" she asked the hare.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Ashleg

"Ah, didn't'e just shout it?" Raventail sneered, glancing skeptically at the Badgermum and then at the hare. He grinned and pretended to cough, twisting the newcomer's name as he did so. "Coridal Butty Wotsisface."

Skyblade

Rowanoak snarled. "I'm not taking your filthy insults, Raven-whatever your name is. And I know what our guest is called. But, who exactly are you?" she asked, turning back to Butty Wopscut.

Ashleg

"Arg, wot? I didn't insult you!" Raventail snorted, waving a paw in the air as if to say "Bah, forget it".
The ferret crossed his arms stubbornly over his chest and stared off into the distance.
He'd gone a long way since his days as a vermin leader, even if it was only of a small horde. He would've attacked her back then.

Cornflower MM

Butty glanced at Raventail in disdain. "It's Corporal Butty Wopscut, not whatever the bloomin' blazes you just said, wot!" Butty said sternly. Turn ing to the badger, he bowed. "And who might you two be, marm?"

Skyblade

Finally, a beast who's more agreeable. "Pleased to meet you," greeted the newly-appointed and still rather confused badgermum. "I'm Rowanoak, the badger mother of Redwall. And this is Raventail, who is here with us while he is being healed. What brings you here? Our gates are always open."

Cornflower MM

"Well, y'know, I just thought I'd tell the Abbey that I'm not dead after all!" Butty said cheerfully, stepping in. "Say, any food about, wot?" He asked. Being a hare, Butty was almost always hungry.

Skyblade

"We're about to eat breakfast," said Rowanoak. "Come with me, friend." She led the way to Cavern Hole, checking on Raventail and Butty.

Ashleg

"Ah..." Raventail lagged behind Butty, every so often treading on the hare's heels. He made it look like an accident.

Cornflower MM

"Excuse me, Crowtail, but would you please stop walkin' on my heels, wot?" Butty asked sternly. He got the ferret's name wrong on purpose, replatying the favor from earlier. Butty then decided to speed up his pace a little, catching up to Rowanoak and walking beside her. "Say, is Rakkety Tam still here?" He asked after a moment.

OOC I wanted Butty to have a little more conversation with Rowanoak, Skye, but I couldn't think of any better conversation starter. We can just pretend Tam and co. are returning the banner or something. . . If we like.

Ashleg

"Ohh, you!" Raventail halted and gasped before continuing along in silence.
The ferret felt his blood boil. Crowtail? How offensive!

Cornflower MM

"Me what, ferret?" Butty asked over his shoulder. So, Raventail doesn't like a taste of his own medicine, wot? He thought almost cheerfully.

Ashleg

Raventail hadn't expected to be asked to finish his sentance. He frowned and waved his paw dismissively.

Skyblade

OOC: I'm not sure how Tam would fit into this or even which time period we're in. What do you say, Scartooth?

Ashleg

OOC-
All sense of time has basically been merged. I've been thinking about changing it so that well known characters could be here too, so it's up to you!  ;)