Hunger Games

Started by Skyblade, May 25, 2015, 11:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Eleven beasts were gathered in the famed Redwall Abbey's Cavern Hole, enjoying a feast.

Actually, "enjoying" may not be the most accurate choice of word. After all, the beasts were only hours away from starting a competition that may or may not change their entire lives. What made the situation more complicated was that they were eating with the other contenders - contenders they were supposed to "kill" in order to win.

It was going to be an awkward breakfast, or maybe a jolly one, or many neither of those. It was the competitors themselves who would decide.

OOC: We are going to start with a feast, so RP your character eating at the table with everyone.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Asher had hardly touched any food. He had eaten a couple pieces of buttered toast, and a glass of greens milk, but not much else. His mind was focused on what was coming ahead. Had be waxed his bowstring enough? Had he stocked enough arrows? Luckily, Asher had long since abolished the habit of chewing his nails, and the only thing he did now was stare absentmindedly at his plate.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

Unlike the black squirrel sitting across from her, Kana was eating at a speed so ferocious that it was amazing she had yet to bite her tongue.  At first, she had been apprehensive, not knowing whether or not the food was poisoned, but her hunger got the better of her, driving her to take as much of every dish around her as possible.  The grey squirrel didn't care that this might give her a stomach ache; she was perfectly fine dealing with the pain later.  Right now, all she cared about was getting the feeling of a full stomach for the first time in her life.

OOC:  Little bit of PP there; you alright with that, Sage-kun?  If not, I can move where Kana's seated.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was leaning his head onto his palm. The food all tasted the same, well, to him at least. The blue fox sat near the end of the table purposefully, so he would not be included in any conversation. He had so much on his mind. If he won, he could have a normal life with his son; If he lost, he would be ashamed and have to go back into hiding. Why couldn't his wife still be here? They could have both been happy with a family. Family. Heh, the closest thing he had to that was the bowl of soup sitting infront of him.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rrrrr

Raymo was stuffing his face while looking around to see who was who, and also to avoid being seen eating like a pig. He felt the nervous air of the competitors around him, and then ate even faster to stop the nervousness from getting to him. Fidgeting underneath, he saw his half-empty stone pouch and resolved to pick some stones later.

- - - -

He saw some strange blue stones underneath the table and started picking them up and dropping them inside his pouch. He was full, anyway. Sitting back, he stared at the faces of the competitors, now unaffected by the tense atmosphere around.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

The Mask

Yexter's cheery face was deceiving. He grinned in a silly way and acted very polite. "Can I have some of that please? Pass the butter thanks!" and so on. But behind that, his mind was working overtime. Who to work with,  motives, weakness etc. He had always been like that, that's why he got kicked out of his village after all. No one one was talking, so he decided to break the ice. "So, who do you think is gonna die first? Hee hee!"
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall glared up at him. He gave him a stare which signaled to him that that would not be a good question at the moment.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Since the food had been tested and confirmed safe, Hallie could eat with fewer worries. The fox sat near the edge of the table at a good distance from the others but not too far away to miss their conversations. As long as it was ethical, she was going to do whatever she could to win.

Hallie ate at a moderate pace, trying to get food into her stomach but not to an excessive degree or pace. She turned as one of the other contenders, an otter called Yexter, started talking.

How was she to answer his question?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

"Hopefully you," Kana grumbled at the otter between mouthfuls of some sort of soup.  It had spicy fish in it, as far as she could tell, and tasted rather good.  Well, she couldn't quite taste it, as her face was burning from the spice, but she assumed that it tasted good.  She was, after all, still eating it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

OOC: I'll post tomorrow.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Asher glanced at Yexter. "I request your silence, though it will do nothing to curb your obviousness to the others. Have you been practicing?"

Wylder Treejumper

Bracken was quite too busy to answer any questions. Pasties, salads, pies, tarts, puddings, cakes, breads, cheeses, and sundry other eatables dissapeared down his throat at a precocious pace. Currently he was washing his face in a damson and plum pudding. "Chmp scarf! Good stuff this is!" Down went a beaker of rasberry cordial. Grabbing a whole minted leek and potato pasty, he annointed it liberally with meadowcream, dipped it into a bowl of chestnet stew and somehow managed to shove the whole thing in his cavernous maw. "Capital scoff, wot!" He paused just long enough to yell at Kana down the table who, though eating very quickly indeed, was hardly making a dent compared to the havoc wrought on the food by him. "Hey, you, squirrel chappess! Leave some of that apple pudden for me, you greedy rotter!" He then resumed his previous activity, draining a tub of mint tea as he devoured a scanty few loaves of bread and a rather measly cheese that was only the size of his head.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

OOC: I'd assume he's a hare

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: You assume right. ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

rrrrr

Raymo stared at the newly-arrived contestants who had achieved the remarkable honor of eating faster than him.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.