News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Signature Above Me

Started by Nightfire, September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

(The KJV was largely based on Tyndale's previous work, which included those verses. And, lol, I hardly think King James would have authorized the addition of those verses you say the translators "doctored in" when there's evidence he himself was homosexual.

And that verse about judging is an oft-misquoted and misinterpreted verse. It doesn't mean that we should never judge anything or anybody - here, I can do no better in explaining than this 2-minute video:
Explanation
[close]

I hope that helped. :))

A quote from Homestuck.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

(Unfortunately, I am not able to watch that video because this network runs talktalk homesafe which blocks youtube and the owner doesn't know how to take it down. I doubt King James was gay but alright. Bottom line is that people can consider themselves Christians and still tolerate homosexuality, besides, it wasn't God or Jesus that said anything against homosexuality, it was Leviticus, a human)

That quote again
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Purple wwords.

I think being cautious about how you go about reading Homestuck would be the best policy, rather than just squishing it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 26, 2014, 07:09:09 PM
(... besides, it wasn't God or Jesus that said anything against homosexuality, it was Leviticus, a human)
(You might want to check Romans 1 on that.

Anyway, there's a difference between merely tolerating something and immersing yourself in something containing a considerable amount of it. And besides homosexuality, what with the swearing and innuendo, I don't think Homestuck's worth anyone's time, let alone that of a professed follower of Christ.)

I'm already in Wildcat Attack.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

(There are two homosexual couples in the entirety of Homestuck and one of them's broken up and that's out of a main cast of 20 characters. There's not much innuendo and the characters that swear usually have reasons take for example Dave, Karkat and Vriska. Dave is insecure and might possibly suffer from self-loathing, he feels that he is constantly in his brother's shadow and he tries to emulate said brother because he considers him the epitome of cool, which is what Dave strives for. Karkat is always trying to make himself seem menacing, powerful and scary because he's trying to make up for the fact that, by law, the colour of his blood will get him killed. Vriska was raised by the most vicious and horrible lusus possible, she's insecure and constantly trying to prove that she's the best, the most mature etc. etc. later she realizes that she was just a kid play-acting at being an adult and resolves to stop taking life so casually. The other two have redeeming qualities as well. Karkat is really just trying to protect his friends and he genuinely cares for all of them. He's also rather intelligent and helps to hatch the plan to save the humans that he started off hating. Dave is willing to sacrifice his life for his friends and family and in fact did so, TWICE. He later resolves not to mess around with his time travel powers and that he is NOT going to be the one to take on the big bad because it'll just open a window for a different big bad to take his place. The thing about Homestuck characters is that they're real people, with real problems. Terezi's blind but she can still kick butt, Nepeta's cute but also deadly because she's spent her life living off things that she hunted down and killed with her bare claws, Tavros is wheelchair bound but he's really nice and is able to communicate with animals, Dirk is very strong and clever but he struggles with self-loathing, Roxy is an amazing hacker, markswoman and programmer but she has a drinking problem)

Bible quote again

Rusvul

Homestuck quote, no? CA... My minimal knowledge of Homestuck does not clarify who CA would be.

(On the topic of all the parenthese'd things, my input would be this. I would think of Homestuck as containing adult elements, not immoral ones. I also would say that Rainshadow is free to read what she likes as long as she is okay doing so, the beliefs of others- mine, Jukka's, Jet's... Are not relevant on her choice of book/webcomic unless she chooses to take them as such.)

Jetthebinturong

(CA is the guy in my profile picture, Eridan Ampora)

Yes you are insane

No they aren't

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 27, 2014, 04:49:20 AM
(On the topic of all the parenthese'd things, my input would be this. I would think of Homestuck as containing adult elements, not immoral ones. I also would say that Rainshadow is free to read what she likes as long as she is okay doing so, the beliefs of others- mine, Jukka's, Jet's... Are not relevant on her choice of book/webcomic unless she chooses to take them as such.)
(I suppose people can read what they want. (Ecc. 11:9) But Homestuck isn't exactly of any benefit to a professing Christian. It would be as odd as it would be for a committed vegan, PETA activist to enjoy reading 101 Barbecued Chicken Recipes, although not detrimental as is the case with Homestuck. Anyway, thanks for being civil on this matter, Jet and Rus.)

Homestuck quote again.

Rusvul

(I think that there are more varied opinions from Christians on things that may be regarded as detrimental or having little value than there are from vegan PETA activists on the topic of barbecuing chicken. By definition, a vegan PETA activist is 100% against barbecuing chickens, whereas a christian might not really care if what they're reading isn't aligned with the bible- They could quite possibly be more casual about it than the vegan PETA activist, or, in fact, you.

Regardless, this isn't really any of my business, so I probably should just shut up.)

I see you have a few shiny badges.

Jukka the Sling

(You're probably right. If more professing Christians took their faith as seriously as PETA activists take their idea, it would be better all round.)

But books are awesome!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

It's from Owl City.

Cave troll...
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs