News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Signature Above Me

Started by Nightfire, September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

The Spring Season Namer thingy is so pretty. :) And I really should listen to that song. . . .

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on October 12, 2015, 05:20:46 PM
What is with all these weird band names.

. . . . . *Glances at YouTube tab where Shut and Dance With Me by Walk the Moon is playing* *Pointedly looks away from one of my favorite songs by Fall Out Boy*

Søren

Quote from: Skyblade on October 13, 2015, 01:13:56 AM
Does it remind you of V?
In its entirety, not as much as many other songs (Veronica Sawyer Smokes, AFI; Lifted Up (1985), Passion Pit; I Was Me, Imagine Dragons; and Out of my League, Fitz and the Tantrums (::)) to name just a few). But one verse does remind me of her a lot:
"Darling, this is something
I should've told you long ago
I just want you to feel safe
I just want to make you glow
Oh, how you glowed when we were young
And with nothing on our minds
But each other, one another
And we had nothing then but time

And then, she asked me how we got here
I told her I don't know
And if you keep on asking
I'll just keep saying so
This isn't what I wanted
It isn't what you need
Oh, let them keep on talking
Just calm yourself and breathe
Don't you pay them any mind
Don't you pay them any mind
You knows this happens every time
Don't you pay them any mind"

But Passion Pit is the kinda group (or just the one guy) that I can always find at least one verse that reminds me of her, they're all emotionally charged songs.

@Corn's Sig
I need to learn how to dance. Not ballet, but like a dance I can use as a guest at a wedding or my own. I can do like a box step, but I need to learn something more energetic, or else I'll have to hang out at the drink table (like last time.)

I'm retired from the forum

Amarith Waterspring

But I like paying my mind! Even though it says Pay No Mind, I WILL!

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 12, 2015, 11:30:24 PM
@Amy
Wow, that's good! Is it part of a story, or just stand alone?

It is just by itself. I wrote it on the poems topic somewhere in the forum games I think. I had to cut it down to size to  fit the sig length requirements, but it turned out well enough. And thank you!  ;)

Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Cornflower MM

So pretty! Although I don't normally like poems, that one is pretty.

LT Sandpaw

The last quote on your signature is interesting. I can just imagine the situation where that kind of encouragement is needed. Either with a heavy hand or a gentle tone, in both tenses I can imagine it being very effective.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Perifaen

The second quote reminds me of false friends who leave you when things get rough.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Søren

That is nice, the feeling of being loved and appreciated. Not too many things can compare. :)

Rainshadow

You was you?  No, I was you.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

OHHHH, I love that song!

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 14, 2015, 05:37:53 PM
The last quote on your signature is interesting. I can just imagine the situation where that kind of encouragement is needed. Either with a heavy hand or a gentle tone, in both tenses I can imagine it being very effective.

Yeah. It's very effective. . . . . . I read it off a sign. Memorized it. Remembered when my teacher was acting like I was invisible.

Søren

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Perifaen

HaHa :D I gave him this idea. He said he would write it down.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

The Skarzs

I doubt anyone dreams of my smile. (You should know.)

Quote from: Perifæn on October 19, 2015, 04:06:20 PM
HaHa :D I gave him this idea. He said he would write it down.
You only gave me the idea of a writer's perspective for that. The rest is mine whole and through.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Perifaen

Quote from: The Skarzs on October 19, 2015, 06:09:37 PM
I doubt anyone dreams of my smile. (You should know.)
Very funny Skarz (I am being sarcastic by the way.)

...while instead of worrying how full or empty it is be glad there is anything to begin with.

Cornflower MM

That's lovely, Peri. I love your signature; it's so. . .  Hopeful.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 19, 2015, 06:06:09 AM
*falls over* (;))

*Laughs*