A Tale of Reedbind: RP sign up list/ ooc

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 17, 2011, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Setting at the beginning: Holt Reedbind
An otter holt in the estuary lands not far from Salamandastron. Because this holt rests in estuary land it contains a mixing of river otters and sea otters. The holt is usually the home of around fifty otters. There are more river otters than sea otters.

Reedbind is constructed into the rocky outcrops of a tidal inlet. It is made out of the rock of the area and also out of floating mats of reed that are tied to make sturdy sleeping spaces.

Settings during the RP: Will vary depending on what the players decide to do...

story line: The RP begins at the end of summer feast. It is tradition to put on feasts to mark the end of each season at Holt Reedbind. The Holt is attacked by a band of ravens, crows, and magpies. The birds manage to carry off three young ones from the holt. A band of warriors must head out to find the birds, challange them, and bring the young ones home.

We will begin to RP at the feast and move on from there.

Characters:
Shring Reefrudder: Male sea otter leader of the holt. Mate of Eloyna.
40 years old (Taken by Brookskimmer)
Eloyna Reefrudder: Female river otter leader of the holt. Mate of Shring.
40 years old
Otter 1: Female sea otter that will go with search party
Name Searose
Gender Female
Species sea otter
Age 19
weapon long dirk
(Taken by Maudie)

Otter 2: Male sea otter that will go with search party
Name: Shuffer Rushtide
Species: Sea otter
Other: Light brown in color. Black paws. Carries javelin and sling.
(Taken by Brookskimmer)

Otter 3: Male river otter that will go with search party
Name-Plakk
Weapon-javelin

Otter 4: Female river otter that will go with search party (healer)
Name: Riura
Species: Otter
Occupation: Otter of Holt Reedbind, and twin sister of Rushka. She also goes on the quest.
Other: Riura has the same weapons as Rushka, but she isn't black. She's the healer, and a lot more gentle than Rushka.
(taken by Tiria)

Otter 5: Female river otter that will go on search party
Name: Rushka
Occupation: An otter of Holt Reedbind. She goes on the quest for the young ones.
Other: Her weapons are an otter javelin and a sling. She is black all over
(Taken by Tiria)

Otter 6: Male river otter that gos on search
Name:Oakpaw
Weapon:two long dirks
(taken by Skipper)

Ekky Tideskimmer: Male sea otter taken by birds
Whiteflower: Female river otter taken by birds
Name: Whiteflower
Other: Weapons - she prefers to use a sling, and is one of the best slingers in the Holt. She is a lighter-colored river otter and loves to romp and play in the water. Sweet and slow to anger, she is less of the fighting-type, but does love competitions (sling competitions).
(Taken by Shinella)

Dewdrop: Female river otter taken by birds
Name: Dewdrop
Species: otter
Other: Takes pride in the fact that she is good with weapons. Has a way with words, and is always alert. Even when she's fighting she is happy.

Hare that is found during the search: Male
Name: Oakblaze
Species: hare
Other: Though he doesn't act like it, he really is lonely all by himself in Mossflower.
(taken by Musician)

Verka Bladebeak: Crow that is taken prisoner and used to find bird hideout
(Taken by BrookSkimmer)
Lord Bloodwing: Leader of bird horde
(taken by Muse)

Please sign up below for up to two characters from the list. If you would like to add another you can post then below for consideration. Besides the stated information you can make your chosen character however you want! Once the roles are filled we will proceed.

Tiria Wildlough

Can I be otters 4 and 5? I'm making them sisters, if that's OK.

Name: Rushka
Occupation: An otter of Holt Reedbind. She goes on the quest for the young ones.
Other: Her weapons are an otter javelin and a sling. She is black all over.

Name: Riura
Occupation: Otter of Holt Reedbind, and twin sister of Rushka. She also goes on the quest.
Other: Riura has the same weapons as Rushka, but she isn't black. She's the healer, and a lot more gentle than Rushka.

With all the otters, this is a RP after my own heart! ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Shinella

Can I play as Whiteflower? If not, please let me know and I will modify.. ^.^

Name: Whiteflower
Other: Weapons - she prefers to use a sling, and is one of the best slingers in the Holt. She is a lighter-colored river otter and loves to romp and play in the water. Sweet and slow to anger, she is less of the fighting-type, but does love competitions (sling competitions).
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

BrookSkimmer

Updated! Now... who else would like to join the fun??

BrookSkimmer

Mad Maudie

Sure

Name Searose
Gender Female
Species sea otter
Age 19
weapon long dirk
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Muse

Can I be otter three?
Name-Plakk
Weapon-javelin
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

BrookSkimmer

Ok updated! We are almost ready to begin. Does anyone want to be a bad beast?? We'll star tin a couple days just to give everyone a good chance at getting in at the beginning!

Anyone else interested? :D

Redwall Musician

I'll be "Hare that is found during the search: Male" and "Dewdrop: Female river otter taken by birds"

Name: Oakblaze
Species: hare
Other: Though he doesn't act like it, he really is lonely all by himself in Mossflower.

Name: Dewdrop
Species: otter
Other: Takes pride in the fact that she is good with weapons. Has a way with words, and is always alert. Even when she's fighting she is happy.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skipper

i would like to be one of the otters that goes on the search, im river otter
Name:Oakpaw
Weapon:two long dirks

BrookSkimmer

Updated for Musician and Skipper. Skipper I added another otter for you. :D You lucky thing!

I've decided this is enough to start. I shall RP the characters that were not taken or one of you can let me know and take a third or second.

Look for the RP thread coming up soon! Thanks for joining everyone! I'm looking forward to some fun!!

Muse

Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Gonff

I would like to join but it doesn't look like there's anyone left to be besides Ekky Tideskimmer. Is there anyone else I could be?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

BrookSkimmer

Muse: The bad guy is Lord Bloodwing. A raven with red streaks in his wings. Let me know if you would like to play him.

Gnoff: We could use someone for Verka. He will be an important character. He is captured by the questing group and used to lead the group to the home of the birds. Ekky is also still available. Let me know if you are interested. 

Skipper

sweet! thanks for that  :) and just so you know my dirks are strapped across my back just like finnbarr from the bellmaker