Main Menu

Avatar/Signature Proposal Thread

Started by James Gryphon, September 21, 2011, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 22, 2011, 02:27:08 AM
He said:
Quote from: James Gryphon on September 21, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
I like being unique in that respect, but if I was to get a signature and/or an avatar, what do you imagine it'd be like?
Well in that case:

Lily

Oh... that's cool. I still like the taco, but that suits James better.

Mad Maudie

or a my little pony they are awesome but i picked Rainbowdash
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Folgrimeo

How about a goofy pic of a gryphon holding/eating a taco? I don't have a picture, but that might be cool. Or a gryphon with a taco head, either's fine.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Matthias720 on September 22, 2011, 02:34:53 AM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on September 22, 2011, 02:27:08 AM
He said:
Quote from: James Gryphon on September 21, 2011, 12:09:58 AM
I like being unique in that respect, but if I was to get a signature and/or an avatar, what do you imagine it'd be like?
Well in that case:

That's a Gryphon, right? Yeah, I think that's the perfect profile picture for James. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

The Gryphon is perfect!!!! James, please use it!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

He's having the Gryphon for sure. If he doesn't, then I'll have something to say about that.

His signature should be:

Fhaoreah zegnaruas rugar noplaia. Grouenargens arr sennia Gryphon.

It means:

Lord of his own mind. The amazing Gryphon.

I forgot what language it was in though. I just remembered it when I saw that picture!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Which brings up an obvious question. What is his name's origin and what does it mean?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

James Gryphon

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on September 22, 2011, 09:36:34 PM
Which brings up an obvious question. What is his name's origin and what does it mean?
Since this is the Cellars, y'all are free to speculate on that for a while too. ;)

---

The Gryphon picture is nice, by the way. I'm not sure I would use that specific one, but nevertheless something like it wouldn't be out of the question.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

I'm guessing that James is his real name. But Gryphon probably signifies his personality. Or it could just be his favorite animal.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

I at first thought it was his real name *blushes*. I'm guessing he took his first name and added it to a favorite animal or an animal he wants to be.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

James, why don't you use thy Gryphon picture?

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

James Gryphon

Those aren't bad guesses, but they're not quite dead-on.

James actually is my first name (although it isn't the name that I'm usually called by; my middle name has that honor), but Gryphon has a slightly different origin -- it's not entirely made-up. It is taken from the mythical creature, but it's a spelling variant of "Griffin", which is my mother's maiden name. It's the pseudonym I normally use, now, when I'm online.

And while I like the picture, I'm not sure I'll use that specific one -- besides, I do like being the only member (or moderator, for that matter) without an avatar, and that's special too. ;)
« Subject to editing »