News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[DISCUSSION] The Official Redwall Cookbook

Started by Skipper, September 22, 2011, 11:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

has anyone else got the redwall cook book? if you do what is your favourite recipe? i tried to do the shrew shortbread but it ended up failing terribly  :(

DanielofRedwall

I own it. My favourite is the Abbey Trifle and Strawberry Fizz. I also like October Ale. But I really love the storylines!!!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skipper

yes i agree, the story lines make it so much better! and the drawings! and the poems!  ;D

Tiria Wildlough

Oh man, now you made me want it. :( I'm going to save up for the Redwall Graphic Novel, and then maybe the cookbook. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

yup its worth getting, especially since its got stuff in it like the story lines

Dotti

A friend of mine has it, and I looked through it.  Isn't October Ale just grape juice and sprite?  I remember being a little dissapointed, since it's described as being "nut brown" and "nutty" tasting.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Skipper

im not sure about that, since im busy sometimes i dont always get time to make them but i think that its supposed to taste and look like that

Lord Brocktree

I own it and it is a wonderful cookbook to have. But be warned. There are probably 4 recipes you will see mentioned in the books. All of the rest are just different names that never come up in the series. It is all very tasty, but you won't recognize many recipes. 
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Nightfire

I love the story that runs through the cookbook! Especially when the Redwallers are trading recipes! I personall loved the 'Rubbadeedub Pudd!' All it was was the dibbun's way of saying Rhubarb Pudden. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Maybe I'll have to buy this some day...sounds like I'm missing out on some good stuff. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Muse

I love that! But shrimp and hotroot soup failed miserably, or maybe it was me... I don't own it, but ust keep getting it out of the library. And yeah, the sorylines are the best.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Shinella

I LOVE IT!! The scones are delicious :) Strawberry Fizz is just as fantastic as in the book. The story lines are incredible.. love them! It's like reading sommat of The Great Redwall Feast over again. I do wish, however, that they had a few more recipes.. there were some things I wanted to learn to bake, but they didn't have it in them. It does have a bunch of recipes though :) All delicious!
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Skipper

i agree, i wish they had more recipes too  ;D

Trisscar95

The shrew bread is the best!!!
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Skipper

ill have to try them all soon and have my very own redwall feast!  ;D