[DISCUSSION] The Official Redwall Cookbook

Started by Skipper, September 22, 2011, 11:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skipper

ok so you can share tips now and if you want a recipe i would be happy to help, i have a question though, does anyone one know what candied chestnuts are? it dosn't show them in the book, someone told me there american or something and being british, i dont really know, i was told candied ment sweet and from the books i got this impression, are they chestnuts wih sugar on?

Muse

Its just chesnuts preserved in honey, like crystalized pineapple, but waaaaaaaay cooler and Redwallier.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Skipper

awww thats sounds so good! and tasty awwww........

eualaia

youve made meh hungry now oh back tae subject

favorite recipe was shrimp and hotroot soup or zoop as moles call it XD
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Skipper

hmm i did that but.....i forgot to put the shrimps in  :(

Blademaster

Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Skipper

i kep wanting to try that, ill have to make it soon :D

Bragoon

I actually made my own recipe for Shrimp and Hotroot soup before I found out that there was already a recipe for it in the Redwall Cookbook.  I still think my version is better though, since it's a heck of a lot spicier. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflor

OOOOOh I love it I specially like tober ale
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

psybox

...even though there are many people who used that recipe before they knew that it was in a redwall cookbook. ;)
anyway, the lomehedge nutbread was really good

Dannflor

Candied chestnuts are scrumptious
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

GeminyaTome

I remember when I got it for Christmas! I used about three or four recipes for my birthday last year! They are oh! so good....
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Wisteria Wild Cat

I remember finding a website that had, most, if not all, of the recipes, plus many different variations.

www.redwall.net/kitchen

That SHOULD be the link. If not then search, Redwall Kitchen. I am so ready to get cookin'!  ;D ;D ;D
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Dannflower Reguba

Do they have one for Strawberry fizz?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This